Chapter-28: "We have something of yours,"

"Come in," Noor responds to the knock on the door.

"Hey," Two jolly heads peep in, which belong to Amy and Jennie. Both of them have identical grins, on.

"We have something of yours,"

"What is it?" Noor looks up, from a stack of papers.

"This," Jennie shows her the letter. Noor abandons her papers, instantly.

"Wher-Where did you get that from?"

"Ooo...Someone wanted to hide it," Amy states, while looking at Noor's shocked state.

"No-I mean...Gosh! This is embarrassing,"

"Fahad, hmm?!" Jennie turns around, to look at Fahad, at his desk, not disturbed by the commotion in the adjacent room.

"You didn't have to hide it...We are happy for you," They share a bear hug.

"How did you understand everything, from a single letter?" Noor enquires, after they break apart.

"You are the boss of the work world, we are the bosses of the love world..."

"I see..." She chuckles, while not buying Amy's statement, at all.

"So, are you going to say, yes?"

"I guess so..." She looks down; clearly not used to the present state of events.

~~~

Noor receives the call.

"Hello,"

"Asalamualikum, Ma'am,"

"Walaikumasalam. Any news?"

"Not yet. We have dispatched a group of qualified officers. They will get to you, as soon as they get to know something."

"Thank you, Inspector Habeeb. I really need to find him."

"We are trying our best. Khuda Hafiz, Ma'am"

~~~

Fahad feels his pocket, for the letter. He doesn't feel, anything. Oh Allah! He turns his pocket, inside-out. Nothing.

He sheepishly walks towards Noor's room. Knocks.

"Come in, Fahad,"

"Hey, how did you know?" He questions, immediately, upon entrance.

"I saw you, get up from your seat, go to the door, and I thought you would come, here."

"Oh! I thought, since our hearts our connected, you sensed it..." His hands, go up to his hair.

"Stupid!" She mutters, under her breath, with a smile.

"I might have lost, your letter!" He shifts the topic, with a sheepish look.

"I know..."

"Now, you are clearly reading minds!" He states, startled.

"Amy and Jennie came and gave it to me,"

"Oh! They know?"

"They do, now!"

"Sahil knows, too," He adds.

"Great! Three people know...That is just like the whole office knows,"

"You don't want anyone to know?"

"Not until, everything is done. The media is crazy, you know!"

~~~

"I want all of you to take notes,"

All of Noor's employees have gathered in the Meeting Room, to discuss new dessert strategies.

"The sale of desserts has decreased, over the years, due to the increase in diabetic patients."

"Can someone suggest some ways, to make our products healthier?" Noor questions, while scanning the crowd, before her.

"We can use healthier sweet substitutes,"

She looks at Fahad. Why is he smiling?

"Mr. AbdurRahman," She calls, into the microphone.

Three specific heads look up, with an identical grin attached to their faces.

"Are you taking notes?"

"I am," He still had that grin on.

"May I have a look?" She lowers the microphone.

"Sure," He stands up, from his seat, and walk towards her, to hand her, his book.

She takes it from him.

He didn't have notes. Oh No! He had a figure of Noor and himself, with the phase-Marry Me? in between.