Chapter-7: "I have to read, all of this, today?

"Hello?" Noor picks up the call, while looking at the time.

5:30 a.m.

She had just gotten up, for her Fajr salah.

"Hello, Is this Ms. Noor Ahmed?"

"Yes, It is. How may I help you?"

"We had ordered a cake, for the Son of Our Priest, Jeremiah Leasburg!"

"Yes. Mr. James?"

"Indeed. When will we get the design of the cake? I have to look into the venue designs, too."

Noor opens a file, stating: Cynus Leasburg-North Carolina.

"We had given the date: 18th September, 2016, which is the day after tomorrow, as the design submission date, Right?"

"Yes, quite right!"

"Then, we will submit our designs, on that day, not on or before that, Ok?"

"Yes, but..."

"Good Night, Sir. Sleep tight!" She engages the call, almost immediately.

The Father had no problems, yet this son of a chauvinist bachelor, had a lot of problem.

~~~

Noor is seething with anger, as she drives to Fahad's house.

Why hadn't he been picking up her calls? He had to read and seal the contract, today. Did he forget?

Few moments later, she stands in front of Fahad's address, which is mentioned in his resume. For some unknown reason, he had his address, on there!

She rings the bell, of the 220th apartment. Dressed in a cream colored maxi gown and a black blazer, with a red hijab+niqab, she looks quite stunning! Her eyes stand out, due to the kohl.

Stress always made her look pretty! She never understood, why.

The door opens, revealing Fahad, clad in his undershirt. His not-so toned arms stand out.

He stares at her, in utter shock, while instantly closing the door.

He reappears, wearing a white oxford shirt, while his hair, are dripping wet.

"Uhh...Asalamualikum, Ma'am!" He greets, while a flush of pink, colors his suburban tan.

"May I come in?"

"Just a minute, Ma'am!" The door shuts on her face, again, for the second time.

He reappears, again.

"Come in, Ma'am!" He gestures in, towards his abode.

~~~

"I have to read, all of this, today?" He states, horrified, while flipping through the 15 pages.

"Yes, I called you, but, you didn't pick up the phone. Why?" She questions, sternly.

"I was in the washroom, freshening up, to come to the office!" He states, while sipping on a glass of Cocktail.

"Clause 10, turn to it..."

"You must pick up the CEO's call, at any time of the day, unless a life threatening situation commences." Fahad reads.

"Hmm....Did you learn the whole of this?" He closes the contract.

"I typed it down."

"You did?" He questions, in utter shock.

"I am the boss, Mr. Employee!" Her eyes crinkle on the sides, indicating a smile.