Chapter-34: "I have started falling, for a monster,"

Noor's mind is bustling with ideas, as she reads an Ayat, from the Holy Quran.

"And whoever fears Allah, for him Allah brings forth a way out, and gives him provision (rizq) from where he does not even imagine..." {Surah At-Talaq: 2/3}

A thought of a fundraiser has just, invaded her mind. She grabs a post-it, before scribbling, some words, on it.

Money goes to the making of the Masjid Al-Tahreem.

i. Food.

ii. Activities.

iii. All children engaging.

iv. Entry fee: 5 SAR

~~~

Fahad didn't know, what parental love was, until, his mother woke up, from a coma.

He wonders, how Noor survives, with both her supporting systems, gone to Allah (s.w.t). Surely, Allah is her, true guardian.

Being an Afghani, he knew, how life had become, so gruesome, so cruel!

He still has a picture, which had been clicked by Hashim Mamu, on the patio of their bungalow – two story, pastel yellow colored, with fresh tulsi and tomatoes.

~~~

"Noor jaan, go in the living room. I can clean the dishes, on my own," Shahina insists, while Noor, tries to grab a dish, from her.

"I want to help you. Besides, Ammi is sleeping," She has grown a liking, to calling Ameena, Ammi.

"Go talk to Fahad, then," Shahina shoos her, out of the kitchen.

Noor has arrived, quite early. Ameena has called Noor, to her house, to discuss the wedding dates.

While Ameena takes her afternoon nap, Noor wishes to help Shahina. But, since, she doesn't need any help, Noor decides to talk to Fahad.

She sits across him, with an apple, in hand. Unlike her house, this house has a homelike feel, which makes her feel, quite comfortable.

"How are you, Fahad?"

"Tired," He looks up, from his laptop. "When do we have this fund raising event?"

"Pass me a calendar," After a thorough discussion, they settle on the 1st of September, 2017.

"Great," He jots that down.

~~~

After Ameena wakes up, Noor, Fahad, and Shahina hold up, a calendar, each; in order to pick out, the right date.

They finally settle down, on the 21st of October.

"Alhamdulillah," Ameena sighs. "You are coming shopping, tomorrow,"

"Ya Rabbi," Noor mutters to herself, at the sound of shopping.

"I'll get Noor, Ammi. Don't you worry! I won't let her escape," Fahad grins, with a twinkle, in his eye.

~~~

The warm rays, of the afternoon sun, embrace the city of Riyadh, engulfing it, into a state of sanctity.

Lunch continues, in an orderly fashion, after which, the staff members, resume to work, except Noor.

A conflicting thought had occurred to her – Fahad had to know, about the incident, with her father. She had to tell him!

She hadn't been quite nervous when she had decided to conquer the world. Yet, now, she is really nervous, as she calls him, to her room.

In a minute or so, she hears familiar footfalls, outside her door.

"Come in, Mr. AbdurRahman,"

He hesitates, before entering, at the sound of Noor, addressing him, with his surname.

"Yes?"

"Have a seat," Noor gestures, towards the chair, in front of her. "This is important. Hear me out, and then, interrupt,"

~~~

Noor drinks a glass of water.

"If I was allowed to hug you, I would," Fahad states, earnestly.

"Thank you. But, sympathy is not what I want. Tell me, do you still want to marry me?"

"I do,"

She breathes out, a sigh, of relief. "I wasn't expecting you, to say yes,"

"Why so?"

"Something like this has happened to me, and...you haven't even seen my face; I didn't know, what could possibly hold you, to still marry me,"

"Beauty isn't in the face. It is in the heart, in the character,"

"What if, I look like a monster?" Noor states, with a hint of humor.

"I have started falling for a monster, then,"