Chapter-4: "Ummi,"

"Asalamualikum," Fahad greets upon entrance to nobody in particular.

He hears a muffled moan from his Ummi's room. He pulls off his shoes before loosening his tie and heading to be of some help to his old mother.

As stealthily, as a cat he approaches the door which is quite ajar.

Ameena AbdurRahman, his mother lay in bed quite motionless. She was paralyzed after the death of his father-Saleh AbdurRahman.

Saleh AbdurRahman had died three years ago due to Chronic Bronchitis Disease.

His mother couldn't move too much except for few occasional painful moans.

He prepares some broth, for her after changing out of his interview clothes. He gently sits down on the side of the bed before placing a warm hand on her cheek.

She makes an expression very close to a smile. He feed her the broth, while telling her about his interview.

~~~

Fahad was allowed to give his interview, since, his mother was quite sick, this morning.

He had talked to Sahil Ameen, the Assistant Manager, while trying his best to convince him to shift his interview to the very end of the list.

He was a kind man, so, he did.

Noor Ahmed is a great woman, he noticed. She just keeps relations for the purpose of work. She is doing a great job running the Cups and Cakes Inc. in the world of competition.

~~~

To: ericwilliams@gmail.com

Subject: Conformation Letter-Cups and Cakes Inc.

Happy Morning,

Among the 210 interviewees, we select you, to be our Secretary. Congratulations, Mr. Eric Williams.

Your confidence, vigilance, attentiveness and character, will make you a successful man, if God wills.

If, in case, any quires, contact: noorahmed@gmail.com

Thank you for joining us. May our company seek great heights, with you, as our Secretary.

Regards,

Noor Ahmed.