Chapter-14: "would increase our stocks and profits..."

After an hour of playing Golf, they retire to their respective rooms, for a quick shower.

After freshening up, they head down, in order to satisfy their famished stomachs, with the L.A. food.

Noor orders for Cheese pasta, while Fahad orders for the same, with a side order of macrons.

With talks at bay, they conclude their dinner.

"Tomorrow is the day," She reminds Fahad, with excitement, evident, in her tone.

He smiles, before going to his room.

~~~

Noor puts on, an peach colored gown, the next morning, with a similar looking hijab, out of which, she ties her niqab. She adds a beige blazer, to complete her CEO outfit.

She rubs a miswak, against her teeth, while taking a final look, in the mirror.

Prophet s.a.w. states, "Miswak is a thing that pleases the Merciful Lord."

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 637, Hadith 1933]

She exits, just as Fahad appears on his door. She eyes his tuxedo, while immediately looking away.

You are the boss, here, she reminds herself, before walking behind him, towards the exit.

~~~

Standing before a chromatic glass building, Noor and Fahad, together, marvel the sight. With sunlight reflecting the panes, the building looks magnificent.

 With sunlight reflecting the panes, the building looks magnificent

Up in the meeting room, the landscape looks even better.

Mr. Carter Duncan arrives, after a while, dressed in a black suit, which enhances his stout figure. His bald head shines, under the florescent tube.

He sits in front of Noor, while getting straight to the point.

~~~

"Sir, our sales have increased, since the beginning of 2014. Look here, Sir," She gestures, towards the graph, in front of them.

"Very well," He sounds impressed.

"We have a crew of 200 employees, who are trained and well-maintained. A joint venture, with your company, would increase our stocks and profits, Sir."

"Impressive, Ms. Ahmed. I would love to do this deal, with the Cups and Cakes Inc., only..."

"Yes, Sir?" Noor urges.

"I am not getting personal here, but, I would like to see your face."

"Excuse me?" Noor questions, bewildered. Fahad's fists visibly tighten, by his sides.

"Fahad," Noor whispers to him. He looks at her, with anger.

Nobody could say that, to anybody. Niqab is a sign of the Muslim religion. He couldn't just ask Noor, to take off, her niqab.

This man had to be brought back, to his senses.

"Is it necessary to wear that, in the Muzlem religion? I don't see many people wearing it." Mr. Carter continues.

"Sir, This niqab," She stresses, "is a part of my identity. You can't tell me to show me, my face."

"Well, you know, my mom always said: The face is the mirror of the mind and heart; without speaking, it confesses many secrets."

An old ivy's tale, really?

"Sorry Sir, but, I can't show you my face."

"Sorry, Miss, I can't do this deal." He concludes, before scraping back his chair, and leaving.

What just happened?