♦21♦

Chris

I pulled Devin closer to me as we sat on the couch, kissing his cheek. "You know you mean the world to me, right?" I asked.

Devin nodded shyly. "Yes, sir."

"Hey, don't call me that, okay? You can relax around me. I'm not Brandon, Baby... C'mon, stop it." I soothed lovingly, taking his hand in my own.

"It's just hard to get used to.. Brandon's out of my life, and then I'm immediately in a wonderful relationship with you. It's a difficult transition, going from an a-abusive relationship to a loving one." He explained, turning to look at me. "I love you, Chris, I really do. You just don't understand sometimes."

"What don't I understand, Baby?" I asked, worried that he didn't like the way I treated him.

He sighed, "You haven't been through what I have. That's all I'm saying, Baby... C-Can I have a kiss?"

I replied by pressing my lips to Devin's, cupping his cheek. "You don't need to ask, Dev. You're my world, I love you."

"I love you too, Chrissy... Oh, uh, can we go out today? Just you and I?" He asked hopefully with the smile I love so much.

"Now that I think about it, we've never gone on an actual date." I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "Devin, my pretty prince, will you do me the honor of being my date to..."

"The carnival is open..." He giggled.

"The carnival?" I mused, pecking his lips. "Carnival it is. Sooo, will you be my date to the carnival?"

"Mhm!"

---

Devin clung to me tightly as we went higher and higher on the Ferris wheel, hiding his face in my chest. "Too high, too high!"

I snickered and kissed the top of his head, toying with his dreads. "Baby, you're safe, shhh," I soothed. "Look at me,"

Devin lifted his head up, giving me a nervous smile. "H-Hi, Baby,"

I gently pressed our lips together, then rubbed his back. The Ferris wheel had stopped, and we were at the top. "Will you take a picture with me, Doll?"

Hesitantly, Devin nodded. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, then held it out. Devin kissed my cheek while I smiled and took the photo. He then pulled away, grabbing my phone.

"Nngh! Chrissy, I look bad!" He whined, giving me my phone back. "Blegh."

"You look absolutely gorgeous, as always." I countered, pecking his lips. "I'll wear this lipstick stain all night,"

Devin managed a small smile, pulling me in for another kiss. "I love you, Chris."

"I love you too, Devs. More than anything else in the world." I replied, feeling the Ferris wheel go down again. Devin immediately returned to clinging tightly to my side all the way until it stopped.

As we got off, I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and kissed his temple. "What next, Sweetheart? Food, games, fun-house?"

"Oh, can we play a game?" He asked with a grin, pointing to a small booth on the fairground that had many stuffed animals with bright colours.

I nodded, letting him drag me over to the booth. I handed the owner a five, then smirked. "I'll win you something, Baby."

Devin raised a brow, grabbing his own five dollar bill. "Mhm, sure." He teased as he payed.

The owner gave us each five rings and told us the object of the game. A simple ring toss game, three-in-a-row gets the biggest prize, two gets the second, one gets a small prize.

I tossed my rings all at the same time, only landing one. I chuckled as the owner gave me a small stuffed teddy bear, rolling my eyes. "Here, Babe." I amiled, handing it to Devin.

Devin held the stuffed bear in his free hand, using his other to toss one ring at a time. He landed all three, to my surprise, and won a large, pink stuffed dog. "Here, Baby." He giggled, passing it to me.

I laughed and took it, thanking the owner of the game before beginning to walk the fairgrounds with my lover again. "D'you wanna drop these off at the car and come back, or just continue?"

"Let's just continue. This is already a load of fun, Chrissy!" Devin smiled, taking my hand.

I nodded, looking around the carnival. I pointed to a large pavilion, nuzzling his neck. "Bumper cars?"

Devin nodded as well, then began to drag me there. I found it cute, how excited he got over little things. My sweet, happy Devin was coming back.

After the bumper cars, cotton candy, and other types of carnival fun, we eventually had to head home. I carried Devin to my car, since the beauty was half asleep. The ride home was quiet, Devin's hand in mine the entire ride.

When I got inside the house, I set the stuffed animals on the couch and brought Devin to my room. I gently shook him awake, "Baby, do you wanna put on some pajamas?" I asked him.

"Gimme your shirt," Devin mumbled sleepily, tugging off his skinny jeans, shoes and Blackcraft top. I did as asked, smiling sweetly at the sight of him in panties and my shirt.

I opted to sleep in my boxers, then wiggled under the covers with my baby. This was the first time he had undressed in front of me, and the first time we'd sleep in the same bed. It was amazing, and I knew he was improving.

Slowly, but surely.