♥24♥

Ricky
"Mommy! Mommy!" Cameron screamed from his room, waking Kuza and I.

"Hold on, Baby. Mommy's coming." I said as I rushed to his bedroom.

"Mommy, I hads a nightmare! Mommy, save me!" Cameron bawled as I reached to his bed and held him to my chest.

Kuza looked worried as he walked to us and rubbed his son's back. "It's okay, Cameron. Mommy and Daddy are here."

Cameron continued to cry as we tried to soothe him.

"Mommy, the man in my closet tried to hurt me!" Cameron held tightly to my chest.

Kuza moved to the closet and opened it. "Baby, the man is gone. Nobody's here anymore."

I tried to get Cameron to look but he just pulled my hair roughly as I turned him. "Ow. Cameron just look at Daddy. There's no one there."

Cameron refused to look and continued to pull my hair.

"Kuza, hold him. He's pulling my hair out. Ow, shit. Kuza, do something."

"Mommy, you saids a bad word!" Cameron yanked my hair roughly making my eyes water.

Kuza rushed over and took Cameron out of my arms. "Hey, let's not pull Mommy's hair. Hes just trying to help you." He rubbed Cameron's back and slowly walked around the room singing a lullaby.

Once Cameron was asleep and back in his crib, Kuza looked at my head and kissed my forehead. "I'll go get you a benadryl." He said walking down the stairs.

"I'm cutting my hair." I announced.

"Cool, mama."

------

"Kuza, I hate it! It's so short. It's so short. It's not even cute!" I complained in the bathroom mirror.

"It's cute to me, hon. It's hot on you." Kuza said coming and hugging me from behind.

"I'm not feeling this anymore. It's not cute. It was okay when it got cut at first, but it's not cute anymore. I hate it."

I faced him and started to cry. "I shouldn't have let Cameron's hair pulling get to me. Kuza, I just... what are you doing?" I asked, eyes widening when I saw the scissors in my husband's hands.

"What's it look like? Cutting my hair."

"Why?"

"Why should I have long hair if my husband can't have long hair?"

"Baby, I like your hair. It's long and silky and thick. And I love running my fingers through it."

"It's thick like you." Kuza laughed as he cut the last strand.

"Hardy har har. But seriously, why'd you cut your hair?"

Kuza moved closer to me and kissed me passionately for a while. "Because I love you, Ricky. I didn't like that you were upset about your hair. I know you were upset about seeing my hair long when yours wasn't anymore." Kuza smiled softly at me.

"I love you so much, Mikey. So fucking much." I kissed his nose and nuzzled into his neck.

"I love you too, pup. Now, let's get ready for this date."

_______

Third Person
Devin stared longingly at the laughing kids at table across from the two couples. The parents were laughing with the kids and that's all Devin wanted. A family. He knew Chris wouldn't give him one until his mental state was in check, but he didn't even know if he could get pregnant again considering all of Brandon's damage.