iii

T H R E E:
A dead man's evil deeds

Bibiana looked at the gloves in front of her

Bibiana looked at the gloves in front of her. She was questioning something within her. Letting out a sigh, she picked up her phone. She was about to call her family when Barry walked in.

"Bibiana and I weren't the only ones affected by the particle accelerator explosion, were we?" Barry asked. Everyone looked at each other. Bibiana put her phone in her pocket and put on the gloves.

"We don't know for sure," Dr. Wells answered.

"You said the city was safe, that there was no residual danger," Barry said. "But that's not true. What really happened that night?"

Dr. Wells looked over at his three employees.

"Well, the accelerator went active. We all felt like heroes, and then it all went wrong. The dimensional barrier ruptured unleashing unknown energies in our world. Antimatter, dark energy, X-elements -"

"Those are all theoretical," Barry said, turning away from the screen. Bibiana closed her eyes trying to keep the memory at bay. She let her energy flow through her gloves.

"And how theoretical are you?" Dr. Wells asked. "We mapped the dispersion throughout and around Central City though we have no way of knowing exactly what or who was exposed."

All of Bibiana's friend turned to look at her.

"We've been searching for other meta-humans like yourself and Ms. Solace."

"Meta-humans?" Barry asked.

"That's what we're calling them," Caitlin answered.

"I saw one today. He's a bank robber and he can control the weather," Barry said.

"This just keeps getting cooler," Cisco said. Bibiana slapped his chest.

"This is not cool," Barry said. "All right? A man died. Mardon must have gotten his powers the same way Bibiana and I did from the storm cloud. He's still out there. We have to stop him before he hurts anyone else."

Barry turned around and started to leave.

"Barry," Dr. Wells said. "That's a job for the police."

"I work for the police," Barry said.

"As a forensic assistant," Dr. Wells said.