xxiii

T W E N T Y - T H R E E:
electric storm of the season

Barry, Bibiana, and Caitlin walked towards the source of the noise

Barry, Bibiana, and Caitlin walked towards the source of the noise. They were able to see Farooq and Tony fighting.

"Tony. Tony, what are you doing?" Barry asked the man of steel who laid on the ground.

"Come on. You know me, Allen," Tony replied. Bibiana kept a good distance from the guy who had abused her. "I never run from a fight."

"All right," Barry responded. "Well, stay with me. Okay? You're good."

"Run. Uhh," Tony said. He had died after those words.

"What? Hey," spoke Barry. "Tony. No."

"We have a fallen fighter," Bibiana whispered. If someone was able to kill Tony, then Bibiana was frightened. Then she saw Farooq.

"Barry," Bibiana called out at the same time as Caitlin. The three of them ran away from the scene. They ran into the room Cisco was in.

"You're winded. That's not good," Cisco noted. "Bibiana is out of a wheelchair that's good."

"I don't know how Wells does it," Bibiana commented. She was happy to have her muscles working again. "Wheelchairs do not agree with me."

"I need to take your blood and figure out what happened," Caitlin told them.

"I can't believe he's dead," Barry said.

"Dr. Wells?" Cisco asked, shocked.

"No. No. Tony Woodward," Barry replied.

"He escaped from the Pipeline," Caitlin added.

"There was a lot of bams." Bibiana threw punches into the air to support her statement.

"He must've got out when the blackout hit," Barry said.

"Not possible," Cisco replied. "The Pipeline was designed to withstand power outage. Someone had to have let him go."

"I did," Dr. Wells confessed. Bibiana turned to see her boss in his wheelchair. "I released him."

"Why?" Barry asked. Bibiana was shocked. She literally accidentally shocked herself. "To divert our intruder's attention while we restore your speed."

"You used him as a distraction?" Barry asked.

"An unnecessary one as it turns out, it seems the plan failed for you but succeed with Ms. Solace," Dr. Wells said.