lxii

S I X T Y - T W O:
gorilla see gorilla do

The girl could've sworn she saw a spider crawling through the sewer

The girl could've sworn she saw a spider crawling through the sewer. She told herself it was a roach and kept walking forward while following the group. Her hands were helping provide light from the electricity that was coming out of it.

"Cisco, take the rest of these flares, light them, drop them as we go. It's our path back," Joe told Cisco. He handed the long-haired boy the flares before spotting the banana. Bibiana and Cisco both found it hilarious when they were packing for the trip. "Give me that banana." Cisco handed it over. "Okay. Stay close."

"Definitely," Barry agreed.

"I'm not going anywhere," Cisco added.

"I think I would die if I even walked two feet away from any of you," Bibiana confessed. Her eyes were glued to the wall for any spiders before she followed the group. Good thing it wasn't following the spiders.

"I can't believe I'm looking for a supernatural gorilla," Joe informed them, while they were walking through another tunnel. "I'm terrified of regular gorillas."

There was the sound of metal clanking that caused Bibiana to jump in the air. It was very frightening because it was one thing when it's on TV and up on the streets. It was another when you're down in the sewers with everything you hate.

"What was that?" Barry asked.

Joe flashed his light over at a rat and it caused Bibiana to relax. She was happy they haven't encountered a spider yet.

"I need all of you to promise me that if we see a spider... Kill it," Bibiana told them. They continued to walk on deeper into the sewers.

"Whoa," Cisco said. "Hey, hey, guys. Look at this." They shined the light on the wall and saw carvings. It appeared to be Grodd trying to spell his name. "Incredible."

"Looks like we're in the right place," Barry stated.

"Somebody wanna tell me what we're looking at here?" Joe asked.

"Other than a highly intelligent, telepathic gorilla learning how to write and draw?" Bibiana questioned.

"Grodd. He's evolving," Barry confirmed. "He's getting smarter."

"Getting smarter. Great," Joe replied.

Bibiana pointed at Grodd's attempt to spell Eiling. "He can spell better than second grade Chang Jr. And he's dyslexia, which is impressive since he learned how to cope with it."