xviii

E I G H T E E N:
man of steel

E I G H T E E N:man of steel

"Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate," Caitlin stated, as she walked into the lab with Cisco and Bibiana.

"Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles," Cisco explained.

"You forget that I sometimes have to deal with it," Bibiana pointed out. "And if I multiply the average number by a hypothetical number, we'll have our answer."

"What exactly are we debating?" Dr. Wells asked, curious.

"The average numbers of bugs Barry swallows in a day of running," Cisco answered.

"I look forward to seeing you accept your Nobel," Dr. Wells sarcastically replied.

They all walked or rolled into the cortex. Bibiana's eyes widen and her legs ran when she saw Barry laying on the floor.

"Barry?" Cisco asked. Bibiana was already on the floor as everyone crowded next to Barry. Caitlin kneeled next to Bibiana.

"Barry, are you okay?" Caitlin asked. Bibiana slapped Barry in the face causing him to let out a gasp.

"Thirteen fractures. That's a new record. And that's just in your hand," Caitlin informed Barry. Bibiana stared at Barry's face. She was impressed with her work. "You also have a concussion, three cracked ribs, a bruised spleen, and a very red hand print on your cheek. Even with your powers, you'll need a few hours to heal... And the handprint already healed."

"It woke him up, didn't it?" Bibiana asked. She could surely pack a slap.

"What exactly did you hit?" Dr. Wells asked.

"A man. A big, bad man," Barry replied. The girl who slapped him was about to say something before he beat her. "His skin changed when I hit him. Like it turned to metal."

"Interesting. A man of steel," Dr. Wells said.

"And it's not Superman," Bibiana added. DC nation was not in their favor.

"So you went after a meta-human alone?" Cisco asked. "Dude, why didn't you call us?"

"I didn't know what he was," Barry answered, getting up from the bed. "Besides, I was off duty."

"Your lucky he didn't knock out your teeth. Those puppies don't grow back," Cisco told him.

"Then imagine having to explain that to a dentist," Bibiana added.

"Strange thing is I feel like I knew him," Barry stated.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asked.

"He said something that was familiar," Barry said. "But he's gonna hurt someone. So how do I fight a guy that's made of steel?"