lviii

F I F T Y - E I G H T:
catching dreams

There was a small nod between Cisco and Bibiana

There was a small nod between Cisco and Bibiana. They both had agreed that Cisco should be the one that went into the dream. Especially since Bibiana didn't actually have real dreams. She had lied for unknown reasons. Which seemed strange to her since she always had a reason to lie.

"So this will allow Cisco to see into his dreams?" Barry asked. He knew that both Cisco and Bibiana agreed that Cisco should be the one who should do it.

"I got the idea from a journal article on lucid-dream therapy," Caitlin explained. They were all watching Cisco built the small machine.

To be quiet honest, Bibiana had forgotten about her other ability. Building parts, suits, and other things from her tablet. It probably had to do with the fact that she didn't know where the materials came from.

The law of conservation of mass states that nothing can be created or destroyed. It reuses the energy to make something else. So Bibiana wondered where her things came from.

"The theory is it will allow people to enter their dreams and face their fears," Caitlin explained. "Still working on the talking part."

Bibiana snapped out of her trance to see everyone spread out in the room. She didn't get to hear what they were saying before.

"So does this mean I can get over my fear of spiders?" Bibiana asked.

"Theoretically, yes," Caitlin answered.

"And you're sure this thing isn't gonna, you know, mess with my brain?" Cisco questioned.

"Oh. The amount of electricity required to trigger lucid dreaming is harmless. Probably," Caitlin answered.

"I'll try to not fry your brain," Bibiana assured Cisco. She was their power source because of the abilities she once hated.

"Who's gonna be lucid dreaming?" Wells asked, entering the cortex.

Bibiana quickly turned around to see Dr. Wells. She was not expecting him to be dropping by. Especially since he was the one they were trying to a confession out of.

"Umm..." Caitlin started off, looking at her friends. "With all of the metahumans in Central City, people have been seeing strange things. Things that they don't understand. And it's really just a matter of time before psychology issues develop. And Bibiana is having problems with spiders again."

"I swear, these are huge mother fucking spiders," Bibiana lied. She had to go from fricking to the actual word. The thought caused her to shiver since her cousin killed one and sent her a picture.