xlvii

F O U R T Y - S E V E N:
an old friend of a friend

F O U R T Y - S E V E N:an old friend of a friend

"I'm going to destroy you," Barry said. The sound of pins dropping, balls rolling, and music filled Bibiana's ears. Barry took her out bowling and he thought he was going to win.

"Don't get comfortable," Bibiana replied. A smirk rested on her face.

"I'm pretty sure, I'm going to win," Barry said, smiling at his girlfriend.

"That's what you said when we went out mini golfing," Bibiana said.

"Ah, but this is my favorite place. I basically grew up here," Barry replied. The smirk changed into a smile on Bibiana's face. They both looked at each other and got closer. Their lips met before they pulled apart.

"Hi, guys," Iris said from a lane. Bibiana shifted her head and saw her friend.

"Iris. Eddie. Hey," Barry said, walking towards them. He had put his arm around Bibiana.

"Hey," Bibiana greeted. To be honest, Bibiana felt her mood go down by one percent. She thought it would just be her and Barry. "What are you guys doing here on this wonderful day?"

"We thought it would be fun. Barry and I have been bowling here since we were kids. Why don't you guys join us?" Iris asked. Barry and Bibiana looked at each other and tried to have a telepathic conversation.

"We don't wanna interrupt your date," Eddie said, watching the two struggle.

"No, it's okay," Bibiana answered.

"Are you sure?" Barry asked, surprised. He knew how much their dates meant to Bibiana. It was the only time the two could spend together when they weren't saving the world.

"It'll be fun," Bibiana replied. "I mean, I haven't hung out with Iris in a while."

"Ha, ha. Do you smell that, Barry? That's defeat," Iris said, after scoring a strike. Bibiana shook her head.

"You never told me you were such a big fan of bowling," Eddie told Iris.

"Sure, I have" Iris replied. "This is one of my favorite places in the world."

"Hey-oh!" Barry yelled after getting a strike.

"That was impressing," Bibiana admitted.

"I heard the owner is thinking of selling," Barry told Bibiana. That shocked her to heard the news.

"They can't do that," Bibiana said, shaking her head. "This place holds history and a special place in people's hearts. From the stains on the floor to the actual game. The memories people make of the friendships and rivals that had formed. I say that this place should stay open for business."