l

F I F T Y:
untold stories

"So, we have a lot to talk about," Barry told Bibiana

"So, we have a lot to talk about," Barry told Bibiana. They sat at a table at Jitters for their coffee. He had even got them both the coffee they both enjoyed.

He remembered Bibiana's voicemail telling him that she loved him. Now that they were there in person, he could tell her and she could tell him.

"I know and I'm sorry for dropping my problems on you but I was fifty percent sure I could handle it myself," Bibiana told him.

"It's not that, it's something else," Barry told her with a smile. He was smiling a lot and acting weirder than he already was.

"Are you going to tell me what's making you act weirder than you already are?" Bibiana asked. Barry grabbed ahold of Bibiana's hand and tried his best not to spill their coffees.

"Bibiana, I love you," Barry told her. "I love the way you act, the references you tell, the jokes that you crack, the way you bite your lip when you're nervous. I just love you."

He stared at her, expecting her to say the words back. But Bibiana was feeling like Rory Gilmore when Dean told her that he loved her. She felt like Robin when Ted told her that he loved her. It confused her since she hadn't thought about it. Love was a word that shouldn't be said without knowing that you truly feel it.

Bibiana Solace had never told anyone she loved them except her family. She would joke around with the word but when it came to a serious situation she never said it back. The girl never told Michelle she loved her or any of her previous relationships.

"Bibiana?" Barry was trying to get her attention.

"I-I don't know what to say," Bibiana replied, still shocked. Deep down, she knew she cared for Barry in a deep affection. Barry meant everything to her. She didn't know whether it was like-like or love.

"I know you love me, Bibiana," Barry told her. The sentence sounded a lot like Michelle. It caused Bibiana to pull her hand away from Barry. The pain was slowly rising in her chest. The dark memory was taking over her.

"I don't love you, Michelle," Bibiana spilled out. Once the words came out of her mouth, she realized her mistake. She looked Barry in the eyes. "I'm sorry, Barry. This is just too much for me. I-I need time to think about it. I'll see you later."

Bibiana got up and quickly left Jitters. Barry watched her leave and wondered what could've gone wrong and why she called him Michelle.

⇝⇝⇝

"What? No whoosh in?" Caitlin asked Barry as he walked into the cortex. Bibiana turned around and made awkward eye contact before she went back to work. She had left Kai in her apartment so he could work on his medical homework.