ix

N I N E:
a poisonous enemy

A small sigh of relief escaped Bibiana's lips when she saw Barry was alive

A small sigh of relief escaped Bibiana's lips when she saw Barry was alive. She had to admit, she was starting to care for Barry a little more than she ever did for her friends.

"The streak lives," Cisco said.

"Never do that again," Bibiana told him. She had found out what had happened when he got to the lab. He brought them a sample but at the risk of his life. Which explained why he was laying on one of their medical beds. "I don't think my heart will be able to handle it."

"You'd be dead if your lung cells didn't regenerate quickly," Caitlin said.

"Oh, my chest feels like that one time I had a cigarette," Barry said. Bibiana sent him a look. Barry Allen the rebel? Maybe a Star War kind of rebel because it was like telling Bibiana she was a wizard or a demigod. "Yeah, teen me lived for danger."

"And probably AP Calculus or chemistry," Bibiana snorted.

"This isn't funny," Caitlin said. "You could have-"

Died? Bibiana had a feeling it would be happening a lot. The hero business isn't fun and games according to comic books.

"I didn't," Barry said.

"Now that we have his sample, we'll get to work," Dr. Wells said. "Analyzing it, figuring out the poison, maybe get a clue as to his human identity."

"Or at least a way to stop him from turning into a mist," Cisco said. "The Mist. Okay, that's his name. End of discussion. Do you hear that Bibiana?"

"I hear, I hear," Bibiana said, checking her phone. Her father had informed her that the woman was dead as if Bibiana didn't know.

"I have to get to the station," Barry said.

"You should be resting," Dr. Wells told him.

"I have to talk to Joe," Barry replied.

⇝⇝⇝

Bibiana went back and forth between computers. Barry may be the fastest man alive but she was the fastest woman to type. Her eyes scanned everything before she moved to another computer.

"Cisco, look at this," Bibiana said. Cisco looked at what Bibiana found before he called Barry and Caitlin.

When they had walked in, Bibiana pointed at the screen. The information she found was important.

"So check this out," Bibiana said.

"It's a 3D molecular model of the gas from your lungs," Cisco explained.

"We have identified the toxin," Dr. Wells said.

"Hydrogen cyanide?" Barry asked.