Chapter 38

Allison's P.O.V

"You're going out with Niall? The guy who put his hands on you? Who made you move out of the country? You're going out with him!?" My dad is hovering in my old room as I pull my hair up into a high pony tail. I shake my head.

"No, it is not a date. It's simply coffee, we're going to Starbucks and we're just gonna talk." I explain to him. He sigh heavily.

"Al, this is not a good idea. I don' trust him-"

"But you trust me? I make good decisions. Nothing bad will happen, besides, we're both driving sepertaly. And we're in an open environment. He can't hit me there."

"Allison," My dad scolds me, "That wasn't funny."

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying, trying to have a better outlook on life. Be positive. Forgive and forget, right."

Everyone except Harry that is.

"I just don't know why you have a sudden change of mind, I'm not sure I'll forgive Niall. I don't think I ever will." My dad tells me.

"Yeah, well, this is like a baby step I guess. We'll just see how it goes." I slide my feet into my Old Navy brown boots and walk passed him, him following me down the steps and into the living room.

"Your brothers game is at 6 tonight." My dad reminds me, I throw on my jacket and fling my purse over my body.

"I'll be home way before that, it's only 1. I probably won't even be gone an hour." My phone vibrates again, and it's Harry. I roll my eyes and shove it back into my pocket.

"What?" My dad asks me, I look up confused, "Who are you so huffy about?"

"Huffy?" I curl my lip up, "I'm not huffy at anyone."

"Was it that Harry guy? Are you guys arguing or..something." My dad asks, and I bite down on my lip.

"No, we're fine. That was just a bill collector calling about Steph's late payment on the tv." I lie.

I don't even know why I lie, I just don't want to tell him we're not together right now. It'll be way to long of an explanation.

"Why didn't he come up?" My dad asks, leaning agasint the wall.

"Work, the company he owns needed him to go on a business trip." I lie again, praying God won't pnish me.

"He owns a company? The boy rich or something?" He asks, a little wide eyed.

"Or something." I shurg my shouders, "Okay, be back soon. I'm taking my truck." I grab the keys from the hook and head out of the door.

"Be careful, Allison." My dad calls after me.

I run over to the old beaten down green truck in the drive way, so many memories of me skippign school and sneaking out in this truck flood my mind. This was my very first truck. Although it's rusted up on the sides, and the tires are bad, it's a good truck. I turn the key in the ignition and it stalls. I rev it again and the engine roars, coming to life. I smile proudly and back out of the drive way.

I pull into the familar parking lot of the Starbucks I would always go to when I lived here. Niall's black, kind of rusted Nisan is parked outside, meaning he's already here. I park my cars a couple spots away from him and get out of the truck.

When I walk in and see Niall, he is sitting in the spot we would always sit in, right by the window. Two drinks are sitting in front of him. When he hears the door open his head snaps up and he smiles. He gets up and waits for me to come and sit before sitting back down.