Chapter 57

Allison's P.O.V

My fingers hover over the familar number that I know by heart, but I don't have the strength to press the call button. I had been sitting like this on my bed, cross legged, for ten minutes just staring at the screen. What do you say to someone who has lost a parent? In this case, his only parent, well the only parent that he talked to anyways.

I don't remember everything that was going on when my mom died, I was only 6, so I don't remember reassuring words everyone told me. Nowadays I get a simple 'I'm sorry' and that's really it. I don't think anyone has ever sat me down and explained their sorrow for me, not even my dad. Like I said, I was young. But, this is different. Niall is 21 years old. He knows what he wants people to say, and he knows what he doesn't want people to say. He's old enough to feel every pain that gets trough him everytime he thinks about his mom now. What am I supposed to say to him?

"Alli?" Steph's quiet voice interrupts my thoughts, "Have you called him yet?"

"No, I've just been staring at the screen." I sigh, looking up at her. It's been okay between us these passed few days, I let her tell me what happened with Louis, and that's the most we've talked so far this passed week.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I bet he's gonna like hearing from you," She weakly smiles, "When you're done I need to talk to you though."

"Alright, what about?" I ask her, scrunching my eyebrows a bit.

"I"ll just talk to you later, okay?" She smiles a little again and walks out of the frame leaving me a bit confused.

I push the thought to the back of my mind and take a deep breath, my thumb is just about to press down on the call button when the screen changes and my ring tone comes on. Harry's calling me. I groan inwardly and answer, a little annoyed.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Jesus, Allison, are you okay?" Harry asks me, angrily almost.

"What do you mean am I okay?" I ask him, confused on his assumption.

"You never called me back, or texted me back yesterday. You were supposed to come back over last night, if it wasn't for Louis being piss drunk I would have came to your hosue myself and seen if you were alright." He explains, and I mentally hit myself.

I was too worried about Niall and what Tate said...Oh my god, Tate. What the hell am I supposed to do? How am I going to tell Harry? Or should even tell Harry....I haven't even thought about it since I hear about Maura.

"Oh right," I pause, "I got really sick after work and I came straight home and fell asleep. Sorry."

"Are you okay now?" He asks, and I curse myself for lying abotu such a huge thing.

"Yeah, all better. Just a stomach bug or something," I laugh a little too loudly, "So, did you find out anything more about your car?"

I hear him sigh, "No, nothing. Damn cops couldn't find a trace of anything, I'm pissed. When I find out who did that, I swear I'll have their ass."

My stomach turns, "Yeah. Do you think you know who it is?"

"No, I don't have anyone in mind." He tells me.

"Like, you can't think of anyone?" I ask too quickly.

"No? Why, do you think you know who did it?" He asks me, and I bite the tip of my tongue.

"No no no, I was just wondering. Trying to jog your mind, ya know." I shake my head at myself.

"Well, no. I don't have anyone in mind. Probably a bunch of wankah's causing trouble." He says, "But the window is replaced, and nothing else has been broken. So let's just change the subject....I've been thinking about something."