Chapter 79

Harry's P.O.V

The radio is kept low as I drive into Manchester. The sun is just at the right angle that it's been glaring into my eyes for the past half fucking hour, just my luck right? My Ray Bans are helping, but it's still pissing me off. Only 20 more minutes until I get to see Allison.

20 more minutes until I get to tell Allison that I am in love with her too.

20 more minutes until I hopefully get to fuck her since God knows how long.

But more importantly...20 more minutes until I get to see the girl who stole my heart....god, I'm such a fucking sap.

I know she's probably just dying right now. Wondering why I haven't communicated with her since she left me those messages. I chuckle to myself, knowing she's probably thinking about the worse possible scenario in her head. This is going to be so much better though, making her wait and surprising her at her house. Actually telling her in person, not over the phone. It's going to be a big deal, for both of us, because the last time I said those three words and meant them, I got fucked over. And she did too. That fucking piece of a shit ex-boyfriend, who if I ever saw again I would beat his face in with my fist. And my foot.

I look out of my window and spot a florist shop on the corner of the road. I immediately make a sharp u-turn and go back. I buy 2 dozen white and pink roses, and even stick one red on in there. The old woman working the desk gave me a bright smile.

"Lucky girl, whoever she is." She smiles, her hands shaking a bit while she bundles up the flowers in baby blue tissue paper.

I smile, but shake my head, "Nah, I'm the lucky one."

I give the lady a overly huge tip and leave the store. I'm back on the road again in no time, the flowers sitting carefully in the passenger seat next to me. I drive a couple more miles until I pass that familiar diner on the side of the road.  I park my car out front and walk inside. It smells of freshly baked bread and cookies, just like I remember.

"Harry! What a surprise seeing you here!"

Susan, Barbara's daughter, greets me when I walk closer towards the register area.

"Susan, hi!" I watch as she walks from behind the counter to greet me with a hug.

"Wow, look at you, all grown up I suppose. Big business man too, I've been seeing." She smiles, her eyes wrinkling a bit when she does.

"Yeah, I guess," I chuckle, "How are you?"

"Good, good," She's still smiling, "Just busy, with me mum's shop here, and the boys are starting secondary this year."

"Wow, already?" I ask, remembering when they were just little kids.

"Yep, growing up to fast." She looks back towards the counter, "Anyway, how have you been Harry?"

She starts to walk back, so I follow her. She goes behind the counter and I lean my hand up against the glass counter-top.

"Good, yeah. Really good. I just recently came back here with my girlfriend a month ago, saw Barbara. Forgot how good this place was." I smirk, and she laughs.

"You were in here almost every day, I'm surprised you could forget," She says, "What are you looking to get today?"

"Oh right. I was wondering if you still baked the chocolate chip cookies with the bananas in the center?" I ask her, and she smiles again.

"Those are our best selling cookie, of course we still sell them. Weren't those your favorite?" She asks me, getting out plastic gloves to put them on.

"Yep, ate those like crazy." I say, remembering that's why my baby fat didn't go away for awhile. .

"I just took some out of the oven in the back, how many would you like?" She asks me, starting to turn towards the kitchen.

"A dozen, please." I call after her, I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the time. I know she doesn't have work today, so I don't think I'm wasting any time to see her or anything.

Susan brings me the cookies, and even a couple un-boxed so I can eat some in the car. we chat for a little longer, and she wishes me the best and hope she see's me again soon. I wish her the same and then I'm on my way out of the bakery. Half of a cookie already in my hands as I munch away heading towards my car.

Once inside my car, I place the box of cookies underneath the bouquet of  flowers and drive away. I kind of want to keep the cookies as warm and gooey as I can before I get to Allison's flat. My phone vibrates on my thigh and I grab it, bringing it up so I can see who is calling me. It's a number I don't have saved in my phone, I answer it anyway.

"Hello?" I answer, turning the steering wheel with my right hand.

"Harry? Hey, it's uhm, Liam. Allison's friend." The male voice tells me.

Liam...Liam...Oh, Liam! The guy who I almost punched in the dick for even thinking about not letting me see Allison, yeah, I remember him.

"Oh, Liam, hey man." I answer, pushing all of that bullshit to the back of my head, "What's up?"

"Uhm," He murmurs, before cursing to himself, "Listen, how fast can you get to Allison's flat?"

"I'm about 10 minutes away right now, why? What's wrong?" I ask immediately.

This is strange, I've never talked to this kid more than twice and now he's calling me. About Allison? 

"Can you just like.. Shit man, I need you top get here even faster than that, can you?" He tells me, "I don't know what the hell to do, and she just told me to call you. She just booted me out of the door, and I couldn't even do anything to help."

"What are you talking about? Is she alright?" I ask, pressing my foot down on the gas pedal.

"I don't know, I don't know what to do! She told me not to call the cops, wait until you get here or something, bur I know something isn't right and I just need you to get here." He sounds worried, his voice wavering a bit when he speaks.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask again, wondering if my fucking girlfriend is alive or not.

"We were supposed to hang out tonight, but when I went to pick her up she came to the door. Her face was red, a little swollen, and she had been crying. I could tell. But she wouldn't let me in or do anything, she just told me to call you immediately, so here I am, sitting outside of her flat calling you. Are you any closer?" He rambles on, and I speed through a yellow light until it turns red at the last minute.

"Yeah, I'm closer. What do you mean her face was swollen? She was crying?" I ask, my heart rate increasing, "Was she hurt?"

"I feel like a shit person, god dammit," He mutters to himself.

"Liam, what the fuck is happening right now? C'mon man, you gotta tell me." I'm starting to get irritated now, I have no clue what is wrong.

"Niall was there, she said Niall was there, and she just.. She wanted me to call you. I tried, Harry. I tried to get inside, but she wouldn't let me. God dammit, and i know how he is, and how he was in the past, but she just wouldn't let me help."

My blood starts to boil and my hands start to shake a little bit.

Fucking Niall abusive son-of-a-bitch Horan is there, inside Allison's flat, alone with her, and here I am stuck in a car. 

"You said her face was swollen?" I say again, clenching my fist tighter on the steering wheel.

"Yes, I don't want to think the worse...but with him being there, I think something happened." He says, and that's enough for me to want to bash Niall's fucking face in.

"I'll be there in 5."