Chapter 8 | Rejection

(Lily's pov)

We are in the Alpha’s office, he sat on his chair with Jenn beside him on another. She was fiddling with her fingers, she looked overwhelmed not knowing how to handle the situation. The tactless Possessive Alpha male is too blind to see that she’s uncomfortable.

I on the other hand forgot everything at the sight of the big shelves full of books, I was enchanted at the veriety of books, the historical ones sparked my intrest.

Have I found my second mate?

Stop being ridiculous dumbass.

Concentrating on Jenn who looked uncomfortable, I am surprised that she lets him after what happened.

He looked at her softly “What is your name Hazel?”

“Jenn” She answered not looking into his eyes. He frowned at first, pushing it away he gave her warm smile.

This isn’t good. He’s pushing her limits.

I need to do something.

It is dangerous to part a newly mated Alpha and his mate. Dangerous for US.

If he cares about her, he needs to suck it up.

He turned to me " What is your name Rogue?" It wasn't a question,  his voice made it clear that it was a command, demanding and cold, Jenn inched away at his voice.

"Lily Kim, Alpha" I answered respectfully, if I am going to 'scold him' I don't need an angry Alpha, not a good sight trust me. "An unusual last name you have there" he talked more to himself than to me, I stiffened as I heard Jake say my name under his breath but it didn't give me the satisfaction I thought it would.

I want to hear him moa(what?!?!) our na-

Right there, not further. I think I need some water at the thought of the image in my head.

"Explain why were you near my pack, and in addition killed 6 pack members"

I Looked at Jenn at first she was shivering lightly, her face looked pale.

"Alpha.."

"Zaire"  He filled in. "Alpha Zaire, I know my place as Rogue, not being rude, but could you bring Jenn to a room, she didn't sleep well last night"

He looked at Jenn concerned "Jenn, Are you okay? You do look pale." Jenn gave me a confused look I winked at her she understood my intentions and gave me grateful smile.

Alpha Zaire told Jake to bring Jenn to his room, Jenn looked a bit unsure about going to his room but gave in. Before they left the room as Jenn wa walking by me I whispered to her "Happy late Birthday" They left the room, I caught Jake giving me a last glance before leaving.

They might be the last words I tell her.

Don't say that .

..Wow, you got all of them out the room.

What can I say.

The Alpha motioned me to sit down, it's time to speak business.

"I might have valuable information for you"

He looked at me suprised, he held his cold poker face "We'll see, what do you expect from me in return?"

"I will come to that later"

I took a deep breath before I felt the silver knife peek from my (Jenn's) jeans. Oh totally forgot that.

"First, this will be a completely honest talk," I took the knife out it had still a little blood on it, I put it on the desk."I am completely disarmed, your people forgot to disarm a Rogue before bringing them in the pack house--your cute Beta might had other reasons for not doing so" I smirked.