Chapter 43 | Silver

[Long chapter...and my head is killing me]
Enjoy <3

(Arian's pov)

"Tell me" I demanded from Jake, who has locked himself in the bathroom to escape my questions.

Not this time!

"Jake! Tell me what happened last night? You looked like you didn't sleep well?" I don't think I had nightmares and woke him up...so most likely it was something else.

"We have to tell her" Aether now whispered, he and Jake have been bickering the last 5 minutes like this.

"NO! NEVER!" Jake shouted and glass shattering was heard, a loud thud right after it. I hurried to the window to our bed to see Jake shifted and running into the forest.

...what was that?

I honestly have no idea. Let's eat then think.

Mhm...okay.

What happened last night? I don't remember anything.

I changed into a long sleeved blue sweater and jeans. Today is a little chilly.

"Get out," Zaire growled from the kitchen.

"Oh why that Papi? Or do you like Daddy more?" A slurry voice said.

Urk.

RUN! Not again!

"Ohh Arian! Did you have a hard night?" Luke caught me from the kitchen door his voice in his normal pitch.

F*ck it. There is no way out of this one, eh?

"I knew he must be someone from you...you give off the same vibes" Zaire grumbled exhausted.

"Luke, use some of the manners you still have" Savannah hit him with her stick.

What is Savannah doing here?

If Savannah weren't with Luke, Zaire would have tried to cut his head off for trespassing his land. To make sure Zaire stays alive.

Mean.

Who do you think would win, an Alpha or a more than hundreds-year-old Bookman with as much fighting experience as he is old and is also immortal? Zaire is strong, but he has no chance against Luke the same with you.

Why do you think he doesn't like you? He knows that if you decide to hurt his pack, he won't be able to defend it.

Or he is jealous that you stole Jake from him, you know there is always bromance between such old friends.

You are right...but I don't agree with the last statement haha.

"What are you doing here Luke?" I sighed and sat down.

His posture became stiff and serious "How are you feeling?"

What?

"I am..feling great. Is something wrong?" He is acting weird, it rare to see him serious.

He fiddle with his hands nervously "Ah--" his face lit up from the noise of the door. Jake came back from his chicken run.

Chicken run?

Yep.

"--Beta booy! You didn't tell her?" Luke was grinning at a shocked Jake.

Shirtless.