Chapter 32 | Surprise?

Song: praying by Kesha.
It is fun to draw when you are trying to embody a song :'D .
****************************

"Why did you tell him!" Arlen was stumping his feet, a big pout on his lips, he looked ridiculous.

"Because I am her mate dear future brother in law, and want to know more about her family" Jake shot back with a smug grin.

"You are not her mate until I approve of you" Arlen growled. The were head to head glaring at each other, I was looking up to them from Jake's lap.

We were watching a movie until Arlen was shouting around asking for me, Jake thought it would be romantic to run away from the evil brother who wants to seprate us, don't ask what we have been watching.

So he carried me around the house with an angry Arlen hot on our tail.

"I am her big brother! She would always come to me when she had nightmares..or wet her bed! She was such a fragile naive baby, and I was her knight who protected her!"

My face heated up for embarrassment, why did he have to say that! "Stop it you idiot! Can't you just shut up for once!" I fumed, either from anger or embarrassment.

"Where is my baby sister who used to follow me every where and would say things like 'I don't need a mate, I want to stay with big brother!' You were so cute back then, now you are sitting on some guy's lap, probably doing nasty things after I leave" you could hear the playfulness in his voice, he was doing this on purpose to embarrass me in front of Jake. That b*stard!

I looked up at Jake who was amused by the information he has gotten.

"You are right with the later, so if you would give us some privacy to continue" Jake winked at me, I think I just want to die now.

"Oh no! Young lady you won't come near him-"

"Arlen, if you value your immortal life...run" he shuddered at my intense glare.

He held his hand up in surrender "I am going to go...I doubt that you will mark each other soon, there must have happened something if you didn't mark each other months ago, before you ask how do I know that you met months ago, I have my eyes everywhere. So no smoochiiii!" With that he left the room.

"It is 3 Pm, want to make lunch?" I asked Jake, I have felt him tense up through Arlen's speech so maybe lunch will help him loosen up...and I want to change the topic from 'smoochiiii'

"3? Oh no! Ehmm Arian..I am really sorry but I have an urgent appointment with some..important people. Well see ya!"

I have never heard him talk like that, and so nervous...

The man is a busy Beta, of course he has work to do.

He would always ask me if I wanted to come along if it was Pack buisness, as the female Beta it is my duty to learn more about the pack, these were his words.

Do you trust him?

I do...

But you miss him? A wicked smirk looking back at me.

Wha- nooo....I am not clingy!

haha you are, it is normal, we haven't been marked yet so feeling troubled when mate isn't near.

...I am not clingy.

Arian I love our mate, we are soulmates after all, he has been created the way he is because of us, the same is about us, we are compatible, it lies within nature.