Chapter 19 | Confronting

(Arian's pov)

The sound of birds chirping awakening me from my slumber.

A slumber I wish I would've never woken up from.

Don't say that Li-

Don't. Say. Her. Name.

Sorry..out of a habit.

You..

YOU F*CKING KNEW.

...

YOU KNEW WHAT I WAS MISSING! YOU KNEW...that I forgot her. Why?
Why didn't you tell me? I can't, I am not allowed to forget her.

She is MY daughter, my own flesh and blood..and I forgot her!

BECAUSE I KNEW! I KNEW HOW YOU WOULD REACT! YOU..you were happier without the memory..I was afraid that I would lose you once more to a memory. To the memory of your dead child.

I DON'T CARE! SHE IS MY DAUGHTER! I don't want to forget her, she is all I have.

She WAS.

...She was all you had, she isn't here anymore.

NO! SHUT UP!

Arian..it has been over 600 years,  you need to let go.

No...I-I wanted to watch her grow, to watch her make friends, to hear out all her worries and trying to solve them, to help her with her first shift, I wanted to see her graduate, to congratulate her when she finds her mate, to threaten him to treat my baby girl right.

I wanted to see her live happy.

To live a normal live.

To experience real happiness.

She is gone..my baby is gone.

I blocked Dahlia.

I can't talk about it anymore, I want to enjoy the old memories before confronting reality.

I opened my eyes adjusting to the light, I moved my head to see that I am lying in a pool of my own blood which is half dry now on the grass, the bleeding stopped but my arm is still gone, with a little difficulties I managed to lean my body on a tree.

I tried to relax my body, I usually slow down my regeneration so if anything happens that I have averege healing time.

Even with werewolf regeneration I should be dead, that b*stard wolf had silver fangs not that they have an effect on me, no werewolf could survive that fall wounded...even though I wish I had the luxury to die.

Jake would be upset about that.

Jake..

Did he really accept me? Or does he want to use my body just like that son of a b*tch.

No! He would never do such a thing.

How do you know? He said the same word that b*stard said to me when he got his way with me.

"You are so weak" those were his words. Jake said the exact same.

Isn't that why I had the panick attack in the forest when I followed him everywhere? Because my body remembered those words?

You know what drove him, he wasn't in his right mind

He is the same.

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, the Moon Goddess is cruel.