Chapter 26 | Memory

(Arian's pov)

The ceremony is over.

Zaire must have told Jake something to reason why an " intruder" became the female Beta.

He seemed against it, seeing that I am a complete stranger to him not someone he would trust with his pack even if I am his mate.

A lot of the females gave me murderous looks, I am guessing they were candidates for the title, there will be conflicts in the future, I hope it is sooner because I need a way to get rid of the anger I held in, it would be the perfect way.

You are aware that you can't kill them.

Some of them have the same scents as Jake's room after he tried to "distract" himself.

This is not a valid reason to chop their heads off, stop with these images, that is disgusting!

But

That doesn't mean you can't take every drop of their dignity they have left, warrior women were always prideful.

I went to search for Jake who disappeared after the ceremony to give him the "water",
I followed his scent that led me to my room?

What is he doing here?

"..Mate" doubt in his deep hoarse voice.

I gritted my teeth together to suppress the tornado of emotion building in me. Fustration.

He doesn't remember me...

I closed the door after me, leaning on the wall both my hands tugged in my pockets preventing me on doing anything stupid, The water bottle set on the ground.

"When we were with Savannah...I couldn't hear half of your conversation, it was like my head blocked all the words out" he narrawed his eyes at me.

His stare not wavering our eyes connected in a intense stare competition which didn't seem to have an end, his ice blue eyes piercing into my soul, unspoken questions going through his mind.

It is funny how feelings can change reality to suit the moment.

It felt like an eternity...

..but lasted for seconds.

"I can't understand what is going on! I finally meet my mate who everybody seems to know except myself, and then chosen as the Beta female the same day. It doesn't fit in my mind how this is... "

My head hung low, I feel so useless. I can't do anything, I can't say anything that would answer the thousand questions going on in his mind.

I threw him the bottle, he caught it with ease.

"Drink" was the only word I got out.

"Do you remember Ava?" The words heavy on my tounge.

He watched me suspiciously but drunk half of it anyways.

"She died recently from a rogue attack beyond the border" he answered, hint of sadness crossing his eyes "how do you know her?" Narrowing his eyes.

"You kept mentioning her name-"I muttered under my breath

Now to confirm the use of the poition like water..

"I was the one who killed her the day we met"

"We met today, she died weeks ago-" his sentence was cut off by a loud graon, his hands clutching his head, his eyes squinted in pain.

The water just let him hear anything related to his manipulated memory, as I thought, even Savannah couldn't break the spell...