Chapter 24 | Lost

(Arian's pov)

His scent is still in my sheets.

He came last night again but left before I woke up.

"I wish I wouldn't feel so alone knowing he left" I couldn't help myself but feel alone.

I feel guilty that he wakes up everytime because of my nightmares and help me...

These nightmares might be more of a curse than the actual punishment.

The past is replaying every night...burned in my memory, every touch, scream of despair. Her laugh echoing in my mind , just reminding me that I haven't been there for her when I could have saved her.

And in the darkness of the memory...

He saves me.

I can feel his presence, hear his words, feel his touch.

It all disappears, slowly fading away.

Maybe it is better to not let him alone today...

...we are not going to jump him.

..yet, but not the point. I feel a bad presence around, not far.

Got it.

I changed in a plain hoodie, the weather seemed windy outside.I went down, it was around 12 pm. I went straight to Zaire's office were also Jenn was.

"Excuse the interruption- " a smile grew on my face as Zaire glared at me and Jenn beside him looking at the ground as it is a knew scientific invention.

"Where is Jake?" I wondered out loud to not sound concerned.

"He is clearing some things for the ceremony today " Zaire answered.

"I am scared" Jenn let out a squeek.

"You will be fine, you are their Luna and they will love you" Zaire tried to calm Jenn who was starting to freak out.

"It is a introduction ceremony.." I clarified.

"Yes, also Jake wanted to introduce you to the pack, the pack members are seeing you as a threat even if they know I allowed you to stay. They don't know your place in the pack which makes you hard to deal with"

"Then tell me, what is my place in this pack?" I asked amused that he is talking normal to me, but still pulls Jenn to him to protect her. He himself doesn't know my place.

"Jake wanted to introduce you as his mate and Beta Female" his jaw clenched, he wasn't pleased with me that is sure.

My eyes open perplexed.

Beta...Female?

"Don't think it is that simple, usually the Beta and Gemma females are chosen individually. That means the Beta female is usually not the Beta's mate. You are given the title temporarily until the Seer is back "

"She will be able to tell if you are suited for this position or not" he smirked.

I gave him a smirk on my own.

He will be suprised...

"I will go search for him, I might as well help with the preparation" I exited the room closing the door behind me.

Beta Female..I like it.

Since when did you like titles?

I don't, but I like this one.

*********

"Tell George if you are short on help.." Jake talked to a petite woman who had her hair in a perfect bun.