Chapter 28 | Apple

Jake's POV

Run. Run.

Into the forest, I can't let her see me.

My head is breaking into two, the pressure making my view hazy.

This isn't good.

At least she didn't suspect anything.

Jake, the pieces of memory you retained are causing immense headache, your mind doesn't accept them, we should have told her.

You need to go to Savannah.

"I can't, even Savannah wouldn't be able to help me-" I choked on my own words as the pain forced me on my knees.

My chest heavy, making it impossible to breath.

Lying in a forest,beyond the borders, unable to move and about to pass out, slowly darkness illuminating my vision.

Another piece of memory haunting me before the darkness took over.

It was Arian, her hair was messy and her face bruised, my hand wrapped around her neck, I was choking her.

She smiled at me.

How can a smile hold so much sadness.

So much pain.

It was a smile that will haunt me till the end of my days.

"Thank you" her words like a sword piercing my soul.

Her lips muttered breathless words. Words that broke me more and more.

"Goodbye"

I hate myself for what I did.

****************************************

(Arianrhod's POV)

He is gone.

Not a single trace of him.

It's been 3 days since Jake disappeared, search team after search team has looked in and beyond the border for their Beta but his scent seems to lead to no where.

I am now in one of the cells trying to cool myself, and not lose my mind, Jenn awkwardly sat outside with a bowl of fruits trying to convince me to eat something.

"Arian...do you really think putting yourself in a cell would help..? Even more the cell where... it happened"

"You mean where he rejected me, and no it doesn't help" the fact that I could just break the silver bars, but I will keep that to myself.

"Is your brother still around?" I asked Jenn.

"He is, and still keeps an eye on Zaire" she sighed in fustration.

"We can't delay the meeting more than it already has, can we?" The meeting and party that was originally planned after the intruducing ceremony, where the Alphas from nearby packs would visit.

The Alpha of the Redmoon pack included.

"No...even if Jake isn't here. The Alphas are beginning to get suspicious and we can't get away with more lies. They are coming in an hour"

"Jenn, can you open the cell, I need to check around the pack to, make sure the preparation are complete and ready"

She opened the cell pushing the fruit bowl in my hands with a stern look, I just nodded giving her a tired smile.

I am going to lose my mind.

It doesn't add together, after what he said..why would he leave.