Chapter 22 | Brother

Dahlia.

It is nothing special, I just redrew a picture of a wolf, it is messy (kinda)
and added some details from me. This was suggested by briska121
Thank you for that <3

I wanted to draw her in human with ears and a tail (her hair should be auburn but came out more red/brown (what aurburn actually should be!)

***********
(Arian's pov)

I am the kitten.

I am taking Jake's sleep.

I am currently sitting in Jake's lap, curled up against him, his eyes are closed, steady breath, he is still sound asleep.

It is because of the nightmares, isn it ?

That would declare why he has been tierd the last days...he-

He can calm..HE!

Ye- but how? I went even to Seers to get rid of them..and that didn't work.

He was stirring in his sleep I pretend to be asleep, slowing down my heart beat.

"It is time to leave before she wakes up" he mumbled, he softly put me it my bed and tucked me in, he didn't leave immediately, in silence he sat on the side of my bed.

"I wish I knew how to help you except being here... " he whispered for himself, I felt the heat of his hand on my cheek, my body tensed, my heart beat faster, he was going to know that I am awake!

But he didn't.

He let out a tired sigh "Even when you are asleep, you don't welcome my touch" his low chuckle not conveying joy, that much is certain.

He stood up, ready to leave, but before that I could feel his warm breath brushing my face, his lips softly planting a kiss on my forehead head, brushing the strands off my face.

"You really look like a kitten,.." he chuckled softly.

Patting my head before he left "..a cute one" he closed the door after him.

I think my heart is trying to escape my ribcage.

Don't worry, these are just the side effects of having a mate, you know..the usual zoo's and elephants in your stomach, the fireworks that come with every touch, and the tingles that feel like some ants are on you.

You could practically say you are on drugs, congrats!

Da..hlia?

Huh?

...forget it.

**************************

I abruptly looked up at the couple that entered the kitchen, and made things at least less awkward. I was sitting in silence with Jake who looked like he was about to collapse on the counter any minute from lack of sleep.