Chapter 56 | Home

Cliffhanger maybe ahead...just maybe *chuckles nervously*
Wow...this A/N started off good.
*******

Arian looked around, surrounded by the sky stretching trees Arian felt strangely at ease. It was night, the burning gas-balls called stars shone brightly adorning the night sky.

It was a breathtaking sight, through little slits shone moonlight like a path lightening the forest. You would think they were signpost...but what is funny is that this light was all around Arian like spears piercing the ground.

Does it mean that Arian has all these paths to choose from?

Can she choose what her future will hold for her?

"Bullsh*t" Arian muttered.

She played with the silver knife in her hand looking around for any familiar surroundings.

Arian had hoped to know where Liam held her, but she was clueless. Sighing she took out the map she found in the small house she got out of. Arian tsked at the one day trip she was away from the nighfall pack.

And Dahlia still hasn't talked, I know you can hear me Dahlia!

She was met with silence.

Arian ruffled her sticky hair in frustration. There is a possibility...a slight possibility that Dahlia migh never talk.

But that didn't concern Arian, it was the fact that she couldn't feel her. It was like she was completely..

"Gone" Arian grunted.

F*ck it, if she is alive she will let me know.

Now I have to get back as fast as possible.

A nagging voice in the back of her mind spoke up, it wasn't the voice of her memory but it was a voice of guilt.

'How can you just go on like nothing happened?'

'You just killed your daughter, how can you act like nothing happened?'

'Lily tortured you not only physically but mentally, she was the only person who is able to do that because she meant everything to you. Don't act like nothing happened'

'Stop acting strong'

'Like this didn't affect you'

'Stop lying by saying you are numb'

'You are feeling the pain, you never stopped...but now that you accepted it...there is no difference for you'

'You call it is numbness, but it is the feeling when the pain finally becomes a part of you'

"STOP IT!" Arian clutched her head in her hands, her fingers digging into her scalp drawing blood. Her breath became ragged, she tried to ignore these voices.

She knew they were right.

'The sadness consumed you, you want to know why The goddess said you will never be able to experience happiness--'

"STOP!" Arian screamed in desperation.

'Because this incredible sadness in you...it killed everything in you. You died the most painful...most tragic death of all'

'You are dead...yet alive. You might see Jake, be with him...but will you ever be able to feel the happiness of it?'

The voice taunted Arian, they were her own thoughts that are suffocating her.

Arian fell on her knees, her eyes looked up to search for anything..anything to pull her out of these taunting thoughts.

She was breaking, her deceiving built walls are crumbling. She was torturing herself by those meaningless thoughts.