Chapter 14 | Aether

(Lily's pov)

I opened the door, my towel on my head, Jenn gave me an old shirt from Zaire I wasn't sure at first if that was ok but she assured me that it is just for some time while she brings me the new clothes. She was out with Zaire shopping and bought some things along for me.

A very familiar smell hits me, my eyes snapped to the figure by the open door. His eyes were wide raking my body up and down.

Caught. Dahlia's tail wiggled.

My eyes searched for his potential reason they landed on the pair of clothes on my bed.
Guessed so. 

I returned to my mate who didn't look so happy glaring at my clothes his eyes switch between ice blue and dark brown his hands holding his head.

"CHANGE! My wolf doesn't like it that you are in Zaire's clothes, fast I can't hold him" His voice deep showing that his wolf is slowly taking control.

I shrugged, took the clothes and went to the bathroom to change, I didn't mind that he yelled, at least I know his wolf cares. I made my way out of the bathroom putting my hair in a high ponytail.

Jake was still in my room to my surprise, I was facing his back as he slowly turned around.

"What is your name?" I asked him looking into his dark brown eyes.

His wolf is in control..he looks hotter.

I have a bad feeling, it is not a good sign that a wolf takes complete control.

He smiles widely, inching closer opening his arms.

"My name is Aether, Love " his voice deep making my knees weak. Damn mate bond making me weak, I was never like that.

Dahlia purrs in approval.

"I assume you want to talk about something, otherwise you wouldn't be here"

"Why so cold love? I thought you wanted us," I smiled sadly at him

"I wish Jake knew that too,-" I quickly change the topic "Why isn't Jake fighting you anymore?"

He smiled at me sheepishly, never thought I would see Jake smiling at me anytime soon "He is sleeping, he has exhausted himself the last few days and didn't sleep much, he couldn't hold me any longer"

"He doesn't hear us?"

"No"

"Why are you here?"

He whimpers "Do you hate us? Trust me if I had control you would've been in our arms the first second we laied eyes on you"

"I am sorry for what he did to you if I could've taken control, if I had stopped him-"
I stopped his ranting by putting a hand on his shoulder, his head snapped to me, his eyes seemingly darkening, pain was evident seeming to eat him alive, guilty looking down down on me.

"It wasn't your fault, neither was it Jake's-" he was about to cut me off but I gave him a pointed look "-I knew how he would react nevertheless I continued to get on his nerves"

"Why?" I smiled at his question "Do you really want to know?" He nodded his head without hesitation.

"I did it because of a selfish cruel wish I had" he waited for me to explain further.

This will not end good.

Just talk to him while I admire his yummy abbs.

This is serious Dahlia!