Chapter 53 | Angel

Just a warning...this chapter is kind of sick...like real f*cked up...or I am just exaggerating...read for yourself.
So be aware...aaaand enjoy 😅

Hear the song in the end please...I think it suits.

***

"Arian" the Moon goddess' voice boomed in the room demanding Arian's attention.

"Everyone deserves to be happy" she had an unknown emotion flickering in her eyes.

"Even you" Arian was again starstruck looking at the one and only goddess.

But the more she talked to her, the more felt Arian that she was so..human like.

Not perfect, her flaws shone clearly through, which confused Arian.

"Kill me" Arian whispered.

"I can't" the goddess answered honestly.

"AREN'T YOU THE MOON GODDESS? KILL ME!" Arian heaved in her chair, hot tear mixed with taste of blood in her mouth, she bared her teeth at the short haired woman.

"I can't" she answered again.

"Kill me...let it end....I want it to end" sobs left her lips.

The reality the goddess revealed was her last breaking point.

But as the moon goddess said, Fate is cruel.

Far more cruel than Arian could even imagine, he whole fate was bound to break her.

Her fate was to be broken.

How can you fight something that is almighty?

You can't.

Arian came to that conclusion too.

In all those stories, fate is praised as a happy magical thing to bring those together who will share a bond, love, friendship...it always ends with a big happy end.

Why? Because it was their fate.

People are under the illusion that fate means automatically happy end. That all paths will align for them.

But the truth hurts, the truth is hard, the truth is a cold wind that sobers you from the drunk state of day dreams.

The day dream of a happy ending.

Everyone is the main lead in their own story, facing fate thinking it will bring them nothing but good. Which is probably true for thoses picture perfect people.

But Arian was different.

Stories are always about people with a happy end. Where fate always works in their favour.

"Arian...I can't kill you. I can't kill anyone. Don't you think if I wanted to help you I would have already killed Liam? Or killed that Alpha before he killed your daughter 600 years ago? I told you, I can't interfere" the moon goddess narrowed her eyes at the crying Arian.

"But...you made me immortal...you gave me the power to kill them" Arian crooked out.

The moon goddess sighed "I only boosted your power with the life energy in you, I didn't give you any powers, I just concentrated the life essence in you and you then used it to kill them....you decided by yourself to use that boost only that way I was able to help you because you did it. You killed the large number of people which gave me the chance to make you a Bookman...you are the only Bookman who wasn't supposed to be one....that is why I have the hope you could change your fate--"

A dark breathy chuckle left Arian "Change my fate? Who are you lying to, me or yourself ?" Arian's chuckles became louder, loud blood filled coughs cutting in between her hysterical fit.