Chapter 68 : Year 4

Remus,
I had another vision last night, one about Voldemort. It was a vision of the past, when he was just a spirit, about six years after Harry made him disappear... He came to one of his Death Eaters and told him to find my mother and use her to bring him back. We knew this happened, of course, but it was...eerie to see. The vision also provoked a few ideas on which Death Eater it might have been. I could be wrong of course, especially because I don't know very many Death Eaters, but...I do know it wasn't Rookwood, since the Death Eater mentioned him in third person...
Let me know what you think of this vision. Hope all is going well with you.
Love, Lainey

I spent all of Transfiguration mulling over what to write in that short letter, and on my way to Charms I stopped by the Owlery to give it to Dev. In Charms we practiced the Summoning Charm, a charm that I'd seen in use but had never cast myself. Flitwick stationed us around the room to practice summoning different objects, all of which were a real struggle for me. Noah Palmer was the most skilled of the Slytherins (most likely because Melody refused to even try), though Vaisey improved a decent amount and had opted for summoning the golden-haired Hufflepuff's girl's wand instead of the assigned objects.

About halfway through class, I was standing near the door, trying to summon an apple, when my wand suddenly went flying out of my hand. My eyes quickly darted to Vaisey, who I thought may have decided to summon my wand, but he was still messing with the Hufflepuff girl, and my wand was lying motionless on the ground a few feet from me.

Thoroughly puzzled, I retrieved my wand and then walked back over to the apple to see that it had disappeared. I almost thought I was in some crazy, perplexing dream until I turned my attention to the doorway of the classroom and saw that a smirking boy was now standing there, munching on the apple.

"Surprised you didn't see that one coming, Fitz," Fred said before taking another bite of the apple.

"Why would I expect you to come into my Charms class and steal an apple?" I hissed, my eyes darting back to make sure Professor Flitwick hadn't noticed Fred's arrival. At the moment, he was too busy scolding Vaisey for annoying the Hufflepuff girl to realize we had a guest in the doorway.

"Oh, not that, I was talking about when I disarmed you just a moment ago," Fred replied briskly. "I didn't get the chance to disarm you on Wednesday night. Did you really think you could get out of that so easily?"

I raised my eyebrow as he took another chunk out of the apple. "This was your revenge then, hm? I almost kill you with an avalanche of books and you disarm me during Charms class?"

"Well, not my finest form of revenge, I will say, but your face was quite comical when you lost your wand," Fred mused, almost halfway done with the apple now. "Speaking of revenge, we haven't discussed October's prank yet, have we?"

I pursed my lips discontentedly. "I was hoping you'd forgotten."

"Oh c'mon now, Fitz, pranks are fun. This one doesn't require as much effort as the last either," he explained. "Though, it is a bit riskier..."

"Well," I began, crossing my arms and tilting my head to the side, "what is it then?"

"Oh, I'm not going to tell you yet," Fred said as he set the apple core back onto the stool he'd stolen it from. "You'll know soon enough—"

"Time to switch stations!" Flitwick announced from the other side of the room. The students all moved along to the next object they were to summon, meaning that Melody Flemming had approached us to summon the apple core.

"Were you hungry, Fitzroy?" she droned, glancing between the eaten apple and me.

"No, but I was," Fred replied breezily. Melody gave him a disgusted sneer before looking back down at the textbook in her hands. Fred glanced in Flitwick's direction, and then without warning, he grabbed my arm and yanked me out into the hall.