Chapter 121 : Year 6

https://www.quotev.com/146289325 painted the fanart for this chapter and I love it so much!! It's the Quidditch scene from Chapter 118 and there are so many amazing details.

"So...You-Know-Who wants to kill me?"

"Yes."

"But he doesn't know that it's me that he wants to kill?"

"Essentially."

"Damn," Harper said, whistling as he stretched his arms up behind his head. "That makes me pretty special, doesn't it?"

My jaw dropped as I kicked his shin from across the train's compartment. We were back on the Hogwarts Express in the same compartment that we'd occupied on our journey home two weeks ago. The difference that those two simple weeks of winter holiday had made was stark. Instead of sitting on Anderson's lap, Astoria was now wedged between the wall and Malfoy on my side of the compartment while Anderson was seated grumpily across from her beside Harper. Harmony Flemming dwelled on Harper's other side, looking reasonably concerned by the news I'd just delivered, while I sat between the window and Malfoy, who had been uncannily silent this entire time. Ashley had opted to sit in a different compartment with Crabbe, which was fortunate for us, given that we didn't want Crabbe knowing who Harmony had Latched onto. I was considering having the young Gryffindor girl erase all of our memories of the fact just to ensure Harper's safety.

"This is serious, Harper," I snapped as he rubbed his shin. "The most dangerous wizard ever wants to sacrifice you so he can use Harmony's power to make himself more powerful. If he kills you, it's basically guaranteed that he's going to kill us all."

"Except Harmony," Anderson pointed out rather bitterly. "She'll get to live forever as the Dark Lord's Queen."

"If you're jealous, I'd be happy to let you take my place," she retorted with a momentary flash of Melody-like antagonism. Being in such a sour mood, Anderson only rolled his eyes and muttered to himself. When Harmony turned her green eyes toward me, I could see the worry riddled within them. "How can we stop this from happening?"

"Well, as of now, You-Know-Who doesn't know who you've Latched onto. But...I'm assuming the moment he finds out, he'll have the Carrows kidnap both of you. So, for now, the most important thing is to ensure that no one finds out about you and Harper," I advised, wincing slightly before I added, "so you two probably shouldn't be seen together at all."

"Oh," Harmony blurted, her posture stiffening as she blinked. Harper's cockiness over being the Dark Lord's target had faded and he was staring at me with deep concern.

"I can't hang out with Harm anymore? But, I..." He closed his mouth, unable to come up with an excuse that he wanted anyone else to hear.

"It's for the best," Harmony said, fighting to make her voice impartial. "It's the best way to keep you—and everyone—safe. I'll...just go."

"Harmony..." Harper began, but his protest died on his lips even before she exited the compartment. There was no argument to be had; their friendship—or whatever it had escalated to over the holiday—would have to be put on hold until the danger was neutralized. Until Voldemort was dead. I knew the exact feeling; I'd had to walk away from Fred just the same as Harmony was walking away from Harper, and if their relationship turned out the way mine had with Fred, there would be no coming back.

"'Stor, you can come sit over here now," Harper suggested, shifting toward the window and patting the empty space between himself and Anderson.

Astoria simply sniffed and said, "No, thank you."