Chapter 79 : Year 4

The lovely picture of the Slytherin Six was made by https://www.quotev.com/29338974 and I love it!

"Honestly, what are you two doing?" I asked Ryan Harper and Vince Anderson as they dragged me through Hogwarts' entrance hall by my arms. After seventeen glorious days at 12 Grimmauld Place, the six Gryffindors and I had been forced to return to Hogwarts via the Knight Bus. We'd arrived at the school around the same time as the other hundreds of students, but while they were all going to enjoy a fancy feast in the Great Hall, I was being hauled against my will toward the dungeons.

"We're kidnapping you," Anderson replied nonchalantly.

"What—why—"

"We're having a secret S.S. meeting," Harper told me in a low tone even though no one else was around to hear.

"S.S.?" I repeated, my brow crinkling in confusion. "What is S.S.?"

"It's short for Slytherin Six," Harper whispered cautiously. "We don't wanna throw the name around too much since Umbridge has that 'no group policy'."

I rolled my eyes as a smirk twitched onto my lips. "I've already told you she won't care about the Slytherin Six."

"Shh, Lainey," he hissed, his eyes darting frantically for signs of life in the dungeon corridor we'd just entered. "Call it the S.S., please."

"All right, fine, S.S.," I drawled emphatically. "What is this about, anyway? What secret S.S. meeting?"

"Actually, if we call it secret S.S. session, we can just shorten it to 'quadruple S'," Anderson suggested in a thoughtful tone.

Harper's face lit up ecstatically. "That's brilliant, Anderson—"

"Okay, no, I don't want to have a 'quadruple S'—I just want to eat, I'm hungry," I complained, attempting to wrench my arms out of the boys' grasps.

Anderson snickered, shaking his head. "We all know that's a lie. You've barely eaten since your father croaked."

"Murdered, he was murdered," I corrected flatly.

"Either way you don't eat," Anderson concluded with a shrug.

I cleared my throat, stiffening. "Yes, well, over the holidays I decided that I'm going to start eating more and try to—er...move on a bit... Seeing my brothers made me realize how pathetic my life has become."

"Well, great for you, but no one really cares about that sentimental crap, so—"

"I care," Harper snapped at Anderson. "I want to hear all about Lainey's brothers, particularly the one that Melody's been banging—"

"Melody and Lyle have never 'banged', I can assure you—"

"Mm, don't be too sure," Anderson warned as his lips twisted uncomfortably. "She told me they banged."

My brow scrunched skeptically. "Why would Melody tell you that?"

"Well, she didn't really tell me, she told Astoria, and I happened to be there," Anderson concluded briskly. "Well, actually, Astoria kinda forced the truth out of her and then I was there...laughing... It was a while ago, I don't remember all the details—"

"Can we stop talking about Melody and that dumb Muggle?" Harper groaned.

"That dumb Muggle happens to be my twin brother—"

"And you brought it up, mate," Anderson added with a solemn nod. "I thought we agreed we were never gonna tell Mud about the banging—"

"Oh—look, we've arrived," Harper announced with a dry, unenthusiastic drone as the three of us stepped up in front of the massive stone entrance to the Slytherin common room.