Chapter 101 : Year 5

This drawing of Lainey looking at Fred's letters was made by the amazing https://www.quotev.com/29338974 (:

"Why are they here?" Draco demanded, pointing his finger in my face. He, his mother, and I all stood in the foyer, arguing about the visitors that were waiting just outside the front door. When I first saw them through the window, I was immediately horrified, but then also grateful that they hadn't decided to show up a half hour ago when Voldemort was here...

"I don't know! The more important question is why your dear mother is pretending she doesn't know who the bloody hell they are when she clearly does—"

"I was hopeful that you wouldn't accompany Draco down here if you thought they were strangers," she retorted with harshly glowering eyes. "I was hoping to avoid this very argument and dismiss them without their realization of your presence. We can't have you inviting them in here—"

"Did you invite them here?" Draco questioned furiously over his mother's voice. "Did you tell them you were here?"

"No—no! I would never tell them to come here—"

"Well, why are they here then? Did they show up to sell us some of their blasted prank products?"

"I don't know," I repeated emphatically before running a hand through my hair.

"Right, well, I'm going to tell them to leave," Draco declared before stomping over to the door.

"That won't work!" I insisted as I grabbed his arm to stop him. "They're not going to listen to you! They'll only listen...to me. I'll have to tell them to leave—"

"This is my house," Narcissa interrupted sternly. "I will deal with this. Stand back, both of you."
Grumbling, the two of us stood put while Narcissa approached the front door and opened it tentatively. Her posture was stiff as she stood in the crack of the doorway, blocking us from viewing the visitors. 

"I don't know who you are," she began in a tight voice, "but I am kindly asking you to leave these premises."

"Not 'til we get what we came for."

When his voice hit my ears, a wave of elation shot through my body that was strong enough to constrict my throat. My eyes were uncontrollably wide as an involuntary smile lifted my lips. The reality of his proximity was simply astounding. For Draco, of course, the opposite reaction was elicited: he was seething.

"What, exactly, are you here for?" Narcissa questioned with stark impatience.

"Fitz, of course."

"Or perhaps we showed up for the pureblood tea party—you know, the ones we never get invited to because we're 'blood traitors'."

I had to press my lips tightly together in order to stifle my instinctual laughter.

"I...do not know what you're speaking of—either of you," Narcissa clarified in a tone of cold finality. "I will ask you only once more—"

"Rubbish! We know she's here—"

"We saw her owl—"

Narcissa slammed the door shut before either of them could speak again, and after a long exhale, she turned her icy grey eyes to me and said, "I do not know how they discovered your presence, but we cannot have them snooping around. You must go with them—"

"I can't go with them!" I exclaimed in a whisper. "Voldemort will know and he'll torture them or kill them! The only place I can be is here—"