Chapter 82 : Year 4

The amazing artwork for this chapter was made by https://www.quotev.com/GrumpyNeko when Lainey didn't have black hair (:

"Want to see my underwear, Fitzroy?" was a common phrase that I heard from the mouths of various Hogwarts boys over the next few weeks.

"No, gross," were the two words that I grumbled in response nearly every time. I was tempted to say yes on many occasions, only so that I could mock each boy who found himself flustered by my unpredicted agreement, but then I also feared that one might actually pull down his pants in the middle of the corridor...

When I had confronted Fred about the my-bed-sheets-were-turned-to-boxers situation the day after the incident, our conversation had not exactly gone as expected...

"Can you believe that Malfoy is selling underwear made from my bed sheets? Completely ridiculous!"

"Oh, I believe it, Fitz," he responded, a sly grin forming on his lips as we strolled through the entrance hall. "I bought a pair myself, actually. Want to see?"

"No," I gasped as my jaw dropped in outrage. "You're joking."

"Not joking," he sang as he pulled his shirt up to reveal the greenish-blue polka dotted fabric that hugged his hips. "They're quite comfortable, actually. Might charm them to say 'Fitz' instead of 'Fitzroy', though.

"You're...weird," I concluded with a mild chuckle as I lightly backhanded his arm. Needless to say, Fred Weasley was probably the only boy who I even felt remotely comfortable speaking about boxer shorts with.

Being that I was no longer on the Slytherin Quidditch team, I actually had much more free time to practice spells, attend D.A. meetings, and do homework. My grade in D.A.D.A. was actually above the failing mark now, and I was slowly getting to that point in Arithmancy. Slowly.

On the evening of February 11th, a Wednesday, I had abandoned my just-finished Arithmancy homework by leaving it at one of the Slytherin common room's tables with Ashley Pucey, who I had been "studying" with. Really, she had just been staring off into space while I had struggled to finish my Arithmancy assignment, the first assignment I was almost certain I would pass. Now, however, instead of laboring over tiresome homework, I was distributing Chunky Chocolates, one Fred and George's creations, into the candy dishes around the common room. Since it was almost Valentine's Day, the Slytherin girls would happily eat them all...and then bloat to an undesirably chunky size.

I had almost finished dropping a handful into the last ceramic dish when someone beckoned me by my crude "nickname".

"Mudblood, come over here," Malfoy called from where he was seated cross-legged next to Crabbe on one of the common room's leather couches. The pouring of Chunky Chocolates came to a dead halt as I slowly pivoted my head toward Malfoy with and expression of guilt.

"I—I'm not doing anything bad, I swear," I lied to the smug Prefect. "These are just regular candies—"

"Save it, Fitzroy," he snapped with a hard jaw. "I don't want to scold you for your obviously devious behavior. Just come over here, will you?"

Hastily, I dropped the rest of the Chunky Chocolates into the bowl and then scurried across the common room to stand in front of the two cold-demeanored boys.

"Don't—don't tell any of the girls—about the candies, I mean," I hissed, glancing around the mostly empty common room with wary eyes. "I want them to eat the chocolates—I mean, it'll be hilarious—"