Prologue - The Rise Of Darkness

The Kalos Region

~

The blue colored, humanoid frog-like Pokemon jumped tree to tree within a forest located near Lumiose City. It began scanning the ground below for its target. It could sense what it was after close ahead as it continued it's path quickly through the trees. Sure enough, it found what appeared to be a root-like object, glowing black with hints of red, seemingly draining the surrounding area of energy. The pokemon readied an attack, making shurikens of water manifest from its hands, the shuriken cut the root in half, making it vanish. When it could no longer sense the energy, it headed back from where it came from. On its way back the Pokemon thought to itself, it had to be close to done, it had to.

It then arrived back to two other Pokemon standing in a clearing residing deep in the forest. A large snake-like beast with multiple hexagonal patterns adorning its green and black body, and a petite, green blob creature with a sole red hexagon located in its chest. They were none other than the legendary Pokemon Zygarde, the one who had asked for its assistance in this mission. One in its 50% form and the other in its core form.

The two legendaries had been in the midst of a discussion before the larger one noticed the presence of the frog approaching them."Welcome back Greninja, can't sense anything else nearby?" The Zygarde in 50% form, that was once referred to as Z-2 by Flare, asked the Pokemon. "Gren," Greninja responded giving a small nod.

"Excellent. Then hopefully we can be rid of this Mega Evolution Energy mess soon and restore balance once more." The Zygarde core jumped down from the rock where it had been standing and hopped forward to Greninja. It was once referred to as Squishy by a young girl and Z-1 by Team Flare.

"Indeed. Although it does seem troubling to me. Greninja has destroyed numerous of the roots of energy, yet it doesn't seem to have weakened in strength at all." Z-2 commented.

"You are correct, I have had suspicions as to what we are dealing with is more than we had imagined. This energy feels as if it's familiar." Z-1 added on, staring down at the forest ground with a solemn expression

"Gren?" Greninja asked the two, wondering what they were referring to.

"Oh, don't worry Greninja. I'm sure there is nothing more to worry about, we should be coming down to the last few sources of this energy. Once it's destroyed, you will be able to reunite with your trainer once more." Z-1 promised it.

"Gren," Greninja said. It had been months since it had seen its trainer since it began this mission, surely it was close to done and could see its friend once more.

"Your optimism is admirable, but concerns are rising like you said. The fact is this energy isn't being weakened by constant attacks, simply held back. There may be a source that needs to be destroyed." Z-2 explained.

"Gren," Greninja concerningly replied 

"Yes Greninja, we will find it then," Z-1 assured it.

"I have had another certain concern come to mind. A major one that we must access the possibility of even if seemingly impossible." Z2 said with worry.

"What is it?" Z-1 asked confused.

"This energy, it seems familiar as you said..." Z-2 said, trailing off on its thoughts

"You believe it could be related to the Negative energy of ancient times as well? It has been so long since then though, what would make something like that appear again? That can't be possible, can it?" Z-1 asked, trying to reason a solution. 

"It would not be the first time we have thought to feel its presence since then, it has always existed, although never to this extent since then. I worry Flare may have somehow caused the revival of something that should've stayed at rest." Z-2 explained, concern in its voice