Chapter 15 - All For One, Battle Royal!

A Free-For-All Battle?

"Come on guys!" "Pika!" Ash and Pikachu exclaimed heading towards the busy avenue.

The group had arrived to the Royal Avenue on a suggestion from Will's long time friend, Taylor. Here Ash planned to train for his upcoming trial on the Island. From what Ash had gathered, this one of the closest thing to  a gym in the region. He was excited to see what awaits him.  

"Where's the entrance?" He asked himself looking around. "Probably over by the long line of people." Gary suggested jokingly. "Uh. Right." Ash said sweat dropping. "Let's head over!" Serena suggested. "Right!" Ash replied. "Look over there! It's him!" Lillie said pointing over to a masked man in front of the arena, showing off for the crowd. "You mean Kukui?" Will said.

"Kukui? There's no way." Gary said. "Why would you think The Royal would be Kukui? The professor a wrestler?" Lillie said laughing. The others burst out in laughter as well except for Will. "Kzrrt- the odds of Kukuis being The Royal are one out of a million." Rotom explained confidently in it's data.

"Whatever. Let's go meet this total stranger then." Will said monotone walking with the others toward the crowd. How could they not realize? He could understand Ash. But the rest?

"Ah! Welcome Newcomers to the Battle Royal!" The masked man says to the group approaching to him. "Alola!" They replied as a group, other then Will like usual. "Alola kids. I am The Masked Royal! I am a competitor here at the Battle Royal!" The man said introducing himself. "I'm Ash and these are all my friends." "Alola!" "Pika!" "I'm here to compete in the Battle Royal! Whatever it is." Ash said confidently then softly.

"Four trainers." He spoke holding up four fingers. "Four trainers battle at once with their pokemon. Once a team is eliminated the match ends. Whoever eliminate the most pokemon wins!" The Royal explained. "Sounds like my type of competition. What you think Pikachu?" "Pik-a-chu!"

"Is it possible to sign up still?" Ash asked The Royal. "Of course just head inside and fill out a form. Everyone is free to join. Now, if you excuse me, I must prepare for my own battle. Take care." He said walking inside. "We should get going as well. Battle Royal here I come!" "Pika!"

=========

Well time for another battle chapter. I have an idea set up here but the Battle is going to be a pain to write. Oh well. We maybe seeing a new character as well. I wasn't sure whether to include them in this story or not. But decided it was kinda needed further down the road. Well more to say at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

==========

"Okay, Ash you are all signed up for the Battle Royal. You will be part of group C3. When you hear the group called head back here." The worker said. "Alright!" Ash said confident and excited.

"You ready for your battle Ash?" Serena asked. "Yeah! This will be great training for the next trial. You up for it Pikachu?" Pika!" "You have no idea what you are walking into." Will chuckled. "Huh?" Ash asked. "I may not have competed in one, but I've seen enough Battle Royals to know you need a strategy. You got 3 people against you." Will explained.

"I would suggest a defensive approach. You are walking into new territory and forming a strategy​ may have to be done on the spot." Lillie suggested. "When did you learn about battling Ms. I-can't-touch-pokemon?" Gary asked. "Just because I'm not a battler doesn't mean I don't read about it." She said annoyed with the question.