Chapter 16 - Alola! Reunions A Plenty!

School Day Open House!

"It's okay mom. I understand." Serena said speaking to  her mother over the video phone. "I hope to be able to come there and see you soon though! I have always wanted to visit Alola after all. I can't wait to meet your new friends either!" She said happily. "Yeah! One can't wait to meet you either." She mumbled. "What?" "Nothing! Just uh. I hope you can come soon." Serena said defensively. Will was a much better subject to bring up in person.

"I must be going. I will talk to you later dear. Bye!" "Bye Mom!" Serena said as she ended the call. "Mom seems joyful as always." Will said over hearing the call. "Yeah, Wonder how happy she will be once she sees you again." Serena said with a smile. "Or anger and sadness. You know, the more probable option." Will said. "You think so negatively." "I think reasonably. Its different.  I'm the adult here okay!" He said sticking out his tongue at her. "Adult huh." She said then giggled, Will laughed back. "Well today is going to be a long day. A school full of parents and visitors. Sigh. Well, we will need to get going soon, wake your boyfriend up so he isn't late."

"WILL!" She yelled in embarrassment. "Oh, tell me I'm wrong." He said with teasing tone making her turn deeper red. "Just get him up, cold water perhaps?" With this, she got a mischievous smirk and walked into the kitchen. "Today is going to be a very long day." Will said to himself. 

Splash "SERENA!"

==========

Well time for a chapter of more set up then anything else. It is setting up something real soon, which will make sense afterwards. I originally was going to have the motherly reunion in this chapter but cut it due to so much being introduced here already. I have a found another place for it. A better place I believe. Also, I'm disappointed I couldn't think of a pun or play on words for this one. Oh well, I got some more good (Horrible) ones coming up. Well, Enjoy the chapter! More at the end of it.

==========

"Okay guys, Time for our school to be more crowded then usual. Should be fun. I get to hang out with parents all day. Yay." Will said trying to stay cheery. "You all have your work to show right? Your projects or whatever." Will asked. "Will you had us all draw a picture of  a pokemon. Where's the learning in that?" Lillie asked. "It's called learning about needing stuff to show 10 minutes before the school day. They all look great." Looking at the different pictures, some great some, well, not so. "People love abstract." Will continued. "It's Pikachu." Ash replied. "Sure it is. Anyway let's finish setting this stuff up, They should be arriving any minute now!"

The class was preparing tables for their guests to arrive for the open house day. Many people would be attending the event for the school was a big deal on Melemele. Will had to keep them on task at times since Ash couldn't help but endless talk about his adventures on Akala with his friends. Soon enough people started to show up many people from around Melemele decided to come see what the students have been up to. A surprising face appeared over the horizon. "Mom?" Ash said in surprise. "Alola sweetie! Really think I would miss a chance to see your progress?" She told him. "Well..." Ash said thinking of the plenty of other things she had missed. "Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Ketchum. I'm Will, his teacher." He said to greet. "Oh, Professor Kukui isn't anymore?" 

Speaking of the devil, "Change in staff rotation is all. Will here has been a big help here in the school." The professor chimed in. "It is nice to see you all again!" Delia said referring to Ash's classmates. "Pleasure as always Gary. Your grandfather had told me about you coming here to study." She spoke to the boy. "Oh, You must be Serena! I had no idea you had come here to Alola as well." She spoke seemingly excited to meet her. "Nice to meet you in person Mrs. K!"She greeted back. "Pleasure is all mine! It's nice to meet one of my sons closest friends, he certainly spoke high of you." She said with a smile. Serena grew a faint blush, "Thanks." "Hey mom! Come see the picture I drew." Ash said pulling her away in a hurry.