Chapter 35.5

This is a written record of the events I have witness. This needs to be documented, for what I have seen is Hell.

Humans and Pokemon have lived in harmony for a very long time. We rely on one another as partners.

While sure, there has been those against that idea, whether it be humans against Pokemon or Pokemon against humans, on a whole we lived in peace.

So when I was called to a nearby village, it startled me badly.

News of an entire village destroyed, reports saying their Pokemon turned against them and no one could fight back.

The scene, it was horrific.

Bodies, humans and Pokemon, scattered all around. Red staining the ground they laid on. Buildings in shambles and carnage lined the streets. Fires still burning where people once lived.

I became sick quite fast. My breakfast finding its way back from inside of me.

The air had a thick stench of death, saying to stay away. The air glum and cloudy, it was like Arceus knew tragedy had struck.

Well, it turns out this wasn't the worst part of it all. I would later discover that the Pokemon dead didn't perish to human attacks, but rather, a Pokemon instead.

At first, I assumed that some Pokemon fought back, loyal to their trainers.

I was wrong.

A week passed, and another village was destroyed. Men, Women, Children, Pokemon. Nothing was left.

Nothing but remains of unfortunate souls and buildings. This time however, the earth below was broken, craters all around. There must've been a ground type present.

Once again however, it was written off as nothing more but an unfortunate Pokemon attack.

Our faithful companions, seemed more and more likely to turn on us.

We had reports of people even abandoning the creatures, it was all so sad.

But I couldn't, my Pokemon had been my partner for so long. A Lucario.

You see, I was given Lucario as a Riolu when I was a mere boy.

We were like brothers.

I then learned that these horrible tragedies weren't as simple as we had expected. There was much more at play.

One night, I heard Lucario howl and growl in pain. By the time I was out of bed to help it, it was no longer the friend I knew.

The beast broke through a wall and brought mayhem on the village I called my home. Lucario changed into a new form and brought destruction. I wasn't able to see it well due to shock and panic, but it looked much stronger.

I was luckily able to survive to horrible attack, but, Lucario seems to be gone. I don't know where it has gone and part of me never wants to find out.

Seeing friends torn apart, it was horrifying. Seeing their insides come outside. The memory scars me.

I don't know what caused it's violent behavior, but there is one thing I know for sure.

Lucario didn't mean for this to happen.

My friend, my partner. They would never do this. My Lucario couldn't of done all of that. So, I don't believe it. I can't. It was a monster, not my friend. My friend was gone, replaced by that beast.

But what caused the change? What made my friend be taken from me? I am not sure, but it is now my mission to figure out this mystery. I will avenge their death.

It is almost like a terrifying new evolution to mega proportions.

That's it.

I'll name it that.

Mega Evolution.

A new breed of monstrosity.

=====

Happy Halloween.