Chapter 30 - Nightmares - Part 7

Nightmares Of The Lost.

(Explicit Warning For Song, Chapter is still normal rating)

Will was in the woods by the school building. He had made a makeshift camp, something he had done for many times in his life.

He left knowing the next phase of his journey required the others. This was not something he would be able to be a part of.  He knew that he would return soon, but would they think so?

Would Serena think he had abandoned her once more? Perhaps. Perhaps that was also a good thing. It was like Gladion said, be the drive for someone to do some good. Be the bad guy. Right now, he was. At least in his eyes.

"Lillie, do what's right. Set the gears in motion. The other will help you. I will guide you." Will mumbled, begging this was all worth it.

He also went to the forest to breath, think. His best friend was dead, no matter the circumstances... that hurt. Even worse, he had caused it. This was his fate it seems. Destruction.

"That's why we want you."

"You again!" Will exclaimed standing up, the forest was dark, with no light anywhere.

A pair of Red eyes began to glow, the only light around besides the dim fire.

"What do you want Phil." Will said sternly. "My condolences for your friend. He was never suppose to end up like that."

"What do you mean?"

"I gave him a simple task, and he goes overboard. It was the obvious outcome."

"You set this all up?!"

"No. I told him to deal with the Hero, not drag an entire class of children into it. Only one person was meant to be harmed."

"The hero? Ash? What are you talking about." Will asked. What did any of them have to do with this thing's plans.

"He is a great pain. One I wish to remove. That was his task, but he failed. Now I turn to you. My rook."

"Why would I go after Ash! I consider him a friend." Will said sternly. He wouldn't betray them like that.

"Taylor had no problem with it."

"That's a low blow." Will growled.

"Here's a lower one. Remember my offer? About how I said I knew where your precious sister was?" 

"Yeah. Seems that offer isn't as appealing now does it?" Will said with a smirk.

"Oh? The offer wasn't to bring you to her. Oh no. It was a threat boy." It said threatening.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"I would. For now, you have a part to play. Continue your plans, I'm sure Lillie will play her part in it all as well. When the time comes, you will have a choice. The question I guess is what do you love more? The world or your sister?" Will glared at the being.

"I will stop you. WE will stop you!" He said, clearly upset.

"How about, I show you something. That fateful day. The day that sent you on this path. The day that sealed your fate as mine." It spoke menacingly. Will's eyes opened in horror.