2x40 - In The Dark of The Night

The Calm Before the Storm

Ash's eyes started to flicker, his vision coming back to him. He moaned as he sat up, sore from the battle and fall. His ability with Greninja still took a lot out of him it seems.

"What happened..." Ash mumbled rubbing his eyes. He then noticed his surroundings. He was back at Kukui's on his couch, the house dark like the sky outside the windows.

"You're awake." Ash heard a familiar voice comment and then noticed Will beside him.

"Will? What happened?" He asked his friend.

"You've been asleep for hours. Serena, Clemont and Bonnie said this had happened before." Will explained.

"Yeah it has. I don't think for this long though." Ash said turning his head to see the night sky once more.

"If you are curious. Greninja is okay. He's asleep up in the loft. Serena was looking after him." Will told him.

"Is he?" Ash asked unsure.

"He will be. He hasn't woken up, but he's in good condition. I used some potions and such and healed the damage we all did." Will explained.

"It never should've came to that. He got hurt because of me." Ash said, angry at himself.

"It wasn't your fault. There is something else at play here Ash. Something we simply don't know enough about." Will said to him.

"I should've been able to stop him." Ash growled under his breath.

"You saw someone?" Will asked.

"Yeah. It was like a shadow. Glowing red eyes." Ash said to him.

"I'm not surprised. We will need to think of a plan soon to deal with whatever that is." Will commented.

"We have to defeat him. He will pay. I will grow stronger and beat any opponent. Any Pokemon or trainer. Those who mess with me will regret it. Those who challenge me will lose. I will become the strongest- " "ASH!" Will softly yelled shaking the boy. "Whats wrong with you?" Will asked.

"What do you mean?" Ash asked.

"This isn't you. To be so sad and angry... Relax. You aren't a failure." Will said to the boy.

"Then why do I feel like one?" Ash responded.

"Because you are your own worst enemy. I know the feeling well. Trust me. You are doing just fine. It may be best to sleep it off." Will suggested.

"I'll try." Ash replied lying back down.

"Good night Ash." Will said laying into the ground, placing his glasses onto the ground beside him.

"Goodnight Will." Ash said trying his best to sleep, with nightmares awaiting him.

~

Will tossed an turned asleep on the ground of the quiet house. He was sweating as his body heat increased and groaned in discomfort.