Neighbours ~Tyler

It was Saturday morning and you woke up by a loud noise that came from outside. You stayed in your bed and hoped that the noise will stop, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

You got up and went to your window to see a large moving truck. Two men were carrying a couch in the empty house next door. The house was empty for one year and now apparently someone has bought it and moved in. You went downstairs and saw your mother in the kitchen, in the process to bake a cake. She notices you and smiled.

“Good morning Sweety, why are you awake?”

She looked back to her cake that she was making.

“I can't sleep because the neighbors are a bit noisy outside.”

You sat down at the kitchen table and watched your mother.

“Why do you actually bake so early in the morning?”

You saw her smile a little.

“I wanted to bake a cake for the new neighbors as a welcome gift.”

You nodded briefly before she continued.

“When I go over you can come along to welcome them. Then you get to know the family.”

Family? You hoped the neighbors don't have small children who cry all the time. You had nothing against small children, but you must say that kids are really annoying when they cry and scream all the time.

“I can do that.”

You got up and went to the living room window, where you continued to watch the move. A woman carried a box into the house and you have to say that she looked really friendly.

You went upstairs into the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. After you're done in the bathroom, you went to your room and tried to find something you can wear. You took out a white top, a black and red flannel shirt and leggings. Finally, you put on a bit make-up and put your hair into a messy bun. You looked in the mirror before you took your phone to read your messages. Nothing special. Your friends were still sleeping.

You went to your window to see the move again. This time you saw the woman again with a box and a man with a cardboard box in his hands. This is definitely her husband. Do they have children or do they live alone? You know that you will get your answer quickly, as your mother calls you that she wanted to go to the neighbors. You went down and saw her ready with the cake in her hands standing in front of the door.

“Remember to be nice and polite to them. Always smile, we want to make a good and friendly impression.”

She smiled at you again before she went out and you went after her. You must say that you were a bit nervous, you didn't know why. You didn't saw anyone outside, so you knocked on the door which was opened immediately by the woman you had seen several times before.

“Hello.” The woman looked at you and your mother friendly and stretched her hand out that your mother and you shook.

“Hello, we are your neighbors and we wanted to bring you a small welcome gift. I am (Y/M/N) and this is my daughter (Y/N).”

“I'm Kelly Joseph. Do you want to come in?” She took a step aside so you two could come in. You two went inside and you looked around.

“Do you want something to drink? A coffee perhaps? Would You like to eat a piece of cake?” Mrs. Joseph looked at my mother smiling and she nodded.

Then she looked at you. “Do you want something to drink or eat a piece of cake?” You thought for a moment about it. “I don't want to drink anything, but I would like to have a piece of cake.” You smiled also and she started to made coffee and cut the cake. Your mother and you sat down at the kitchen table that was already set up.