Titanic~Tyler

Your mother went outside with you on the deck. The boat filled with water because an ice hill had rammed the boat and made a hole. You saw the boatmens that made the rescue ships ready and a man gave the instruction that all women and children should first enter the boats. Of course the women and children of the first class come first and then the others.

Your mother went with you to a rescue boat and got in, but you stayed outside. You don't want to go without Tyler, you made that promise for yourself. “C'mon (Y/N), come into the boat.” Your mother held her hand towards you, but you only looked at it without saying anything. “Come into the boat.” She said more gravely now. “Goodbye mother.” You said without emotions and went away to look for Tyler. You only heard your mother calling your name, but you didn't care. She can go without you, she has never really been interested in you and cared for you, so why now?

You went through the crowd with a quick pace and looked for Tyler. You saw him and ran towards him and he has also seen you at this moment and was doing the same. You hugged him and he kissed your head. Together you went to the ship deck to get a boat. Now everything will be fine. You saw that there aren't any rescue boats left. Tyler took your hand and went to a man. “Are there other rescue boats on this ship?” He asked quickly. “On the other side of the ship sir.” Tyler nodded and pulled you by the hand to the other side of the ship.

When you were there, you saw a big crowd which also hoped to get on a boat. Tyler squatted forward with you. “Women and Children First!” One of the boatmen called and looked at you and wanted to help you get on the boat, but you stood still and turned to Tyler.

“I will not go without you.” Your voice was trembling and you looked into his eyes. “You will. You must be in a boat (Y/N).” He calmly told you. He knew that you wouldn't go without him, but he would want to persuade you all the time to make you do it. “No, Tyler.” “I will be alright. I'm a survival artist. I just take the next boat, don't worry about me.” He said with a gentle voice.

Your fiance Cal interfered in your conversation and had apparently listened to everything. “I have a deal with the boatman that I and Tyler get a place in a boat.” You looked at him surprised and then to Tyler who nodded. “You see? I'll get a boat.” He assured you. You looked at him and got pulled on the boat. As you sat, you reached over the railing after his hand and he held it firmly. The ship was getting down and he released your hand because you were too far away. You looked at him all the time. You didn't want to go without him. You wanted to have the certainty that he is doing well and you can only have that when you are with him. Your fiancé Cal talked briefly with Tyler, but you couldn't hear anything. You weren't able to do that.

You stood up from your seat and climbed from the boat to the rail of the ship and you were back on the ship. “(Y/N)! What are you doing ?!” Tyler called for you and ran down a floor to run where you are. You were also running through the crowd and hugged each other briefly when you meet. He interrupted the hug and looked at you.

“(Y/N), you're so stupid, why did you do that?” He asked you out of breath and stroked your cheek with his thumb. “If you jump, I jump too, right?” You reminded him of the sentence he said to you when you wanted to jump off the ship. “Correct.” He said gently, smiled lightly and kissed your forehead.

He reached for your hand again and you went to the rescue boats. There you saw how the last ship was lowered down and Tyler and you stood there looking at each other. “We must try to stay on the ship for a long time.” You went to the other end of the ship. This wasn't easy, because all people had panic and all ran into each other. You got to the other side and held on to the railing. The one half of the ship went up. Tables or chairs started to slide down.

Tyler pulled you onto his chest and kissed your forehead. As the ship continued to rise, he putted himself behind you, because if you don't have any more strength you couldn't fall down. The ship broke into two parts, but they are still connected by one piece which was not torn apart. The piece where you are will be pulled down with the other piece.

“We have to leave here, give me your hand, I'll pull you over.” He first climbed over the railing and pulled you over it and hold you tight. You were laying on the rail and looked directly at the water, which came closer to you. “The ship will pull us down, take a deep breath when I tell you and swim upwards as fast as you can, don't let go of my hand.” He gave you the instructions and you were only a few meters away from the water.

“We will make it (Y/N), trust me.” He assured you. “I trust you.” You looked at him briefly and then again on the sea which was almost by you. “Hold your breath!” He called and you both hold your air and you were underwater. You had no orientation and the flow was so strong that it pulled you and Tyler apart. You swam up and called for Tyler. You looked around and saw many people fighting for their survival, but you didn't saw Tyler.

You were calling again for him and at this moment he dived up and swam to you. “Swim over here (Y/N).” you swam with him to a door which was upon the sea. You climbed on it and lied down. Tyler tried the same, but the side tipped over and you slipped off the door. You climbed again on the door and this time he just leaned on the door opposite from you. The water was very cold and you could see his breath. He looked into your eyes and smiled slightly. “It will be alright, I promise you. The boats are coming back (Y/N).”

you stroked his wet hair, which was almost frozen, to the side and peered him also in the eyes. You had the feeling when he promised you something that it will go to happen. You were just waiting for the boats to come back and take you two with them, so your new life with Tyler can begin. You will run away together and live a beautiful life.

A few minutes later you hadn't seen a boat and you were still looking at Tyler. This man is just so beautiful. “They need a bit longer.” He murmured and brought you out of your thoughts. “I don't know how you think about it, but I'll stick this night in a letter.” He said with a trembling voice and looked into your eyes. “I love you Tyler.” You also murmured with a trembling voice. “That sounds like you're saying goodbye, don't do that.” He took your hand and stroked your hand with his thumb. “It's so cold.” You realized that you didn't have much power anymore.

“You're going to live, you will keep on living. You will get a bunch of babies later, you will see them grow up and you will die peacefully in your bed as an old woman. Not here, not tonight. Did you understand me? “ He asked you softly and you nodded with the last strength you had before he continued talking. “This ship ride was the best thing I've ever done. It brought me to you and I am very grateful for you. You have to promise me that you will survive and that you will not give up.” “I promise you.” He kissed your hand and left his lips on it.

A long time has passed and you had closed your eyes because you didn't got any strength. You noticed a light that shined on you and opened your eyes. A rescue boat passed by and you briefly trudged at Tyler's arm, but he didn't move anymore. Tears were running down your cheek and you were still trying to shake him awake, since you didn't want to see that he isn't alive anymore. To make the boat aware of you, you tried to call after the people, but there wasn't a sound. The ship was slowly moving and you were looking around and looked for something to draw the attention to you. A whistle drifted on the sea and you climbed from the doorway and swam towards it. You took the whistle and blew with all your strength into it.

After a few seconds the ship turned around and pulled you into the boat. It started to drive further and you only looked to where Tyler was lying. The tears were getting more and more and you had to look away.

You left this place without him and your hope for a better life remained with him. No idea what you should do without him. He had made you so many hopes and made you feel better, so you were grateful to him. The promise you made to him will always come in your mind. You will never forget him. Your big love Tyler Robert Joseph.