Neighbours~Josh

The school bell rang and you made yourself as soon as possible on the way out. Today wasn't a good day for you.

Your boyfriend Dylan was acting weird around you, he was ignoring you. It had hurt you and you didn't even knew why he did it.

You went over the school yard and put your headphones in your ears. You stopped by the bus stop and saw the other children pass by. The 'cool' kids went to their expensive cars and were talking loudly to each other. Especially when the guys met other guys. Sometimes you had the feeling that they were Stone Age people. Unfortunately, your friend Dylan belonged also to this kind of types.

You looked away and felt someone tapping on your shoulder. I looked at the person and saw a smiling Josh next to me. I took out a headphone of my ear and then I heard his voice.

“Hey (Y/N)” He looked at you with his all too familiar Josh smile. “Hey Josh.” You said with a slightly quieter voice.

Josh was a close friend of yours. You could talk about everything with him and you could do nonsense things with him as well. He's your neighbor and your windows in the rooms are across from each other. He makes you smile when you had a bad day, but today you weren't in mood to smile or pretend to be happy.

“How was your day?” he looked at you expectantly and putted his hands in his jeans pockets. “Pretty good, I think.” you couldn' t really spoke on before he interrupted you. “Did anything happen or do you have just a bad mood?” he asked me in a soft voice.

Should I tell him the truth or lie to him about anything? You did know that Josh had lately stress at home, so you didn't tell him anything to not keep on annoying him with your problems.

“Just like that. I'm happy when I'm home again.” He just nodded and the bus came to stop in front of us. You got in and walked in the back and sat up to a window. You put your headphones in your ear again and looked out the window. Josh sat down next to you and looked at you briefly, before he looked away. You had no desire to talk about your problems and you had no desire to talk to someone, even if the person was Josh.

The whole bus ride over you heard your music and saw out of your eyes angle Josh on the floor looking. Before you could think more about him were you already at your bus stop. Josh took his backpack and got out and you did the same thing. He stayed outside and waited for you so that you could walk home together.

When you were with him, he looked at you smiling and you made yourselves on the way. Again there was that silence all the way home. You remained standing in front of your house and you took your headphones out of your ears.

“Do you have time later?” Josh asked you quietly while he embraced you. “Sure, you can write me later.” you triggered yourself out of the hug and gave him a small smile. “See you later Josh.” you walked to your front door and still heard Josh silently muttering “Bye (Y/N).”

You closed the door and walked in. Immediately you were welcomed from your mother with a “Hello Sweety”. You mumbled just a “hello” back and walked up to your room. There you plunked down on your bed and were falling asleep after a few minutes.

After an eternity you were woked up by loud noises. You got up and went to the window and saw Josh sitting on his bed in the opposite window. His hands were over his face, so you can't really say whether he might cry or not. What happend again? Luckily his window was open a crack and you opened your window as well.

“Josh?” Your voice was indeed a bit quiet, but apparently he had heard you and took his hands from his face and turned to you. He got up and went to the window to sat on the windowsill. “Hey .” he murmured softly. His eyes were red from crying and he looked really bad. “Do you want to talk about it?” you asked him carefully and sat on your windowsill too. “If I am not annoying you .” you interrupted him. “Josh you never annoy me.” you said lovingly. He had a small smile on his face and took a deep breath before he started to tell.

“Dad caught me as I had sneaked out to went to the music store. You know he's not so amused that I often go to this shop and play drums. He said I could use my time for school instead with such a crap. I said that I thought that it may not matter to him because he's anyway not interested in me. We've yelled at us and he said bad things to me. I know that he didn't mean some things seriously, but they were still hurting me. Now I have two weeks of house arrest and must come straight from school to home.“ He explained me sad. ”What did your mother say?“ I asked gently but he shook his head.

”She's working. He isn't determined to tell her we had a fight. She couldn't do anything about his decision.” He muttered. “I'm really sorry Josh.” You didn't know what to say further excepted that. “My problem is to get those two weeks around. You need to give me good company from over your window. “He smiled slightly and still looked at you.“ I will, because you often did the same thing for me too.” when he smiled you had to smile automatically too.

“Was today really everything all right with you? You made the impression that oppress you something.” he asked cautiously, looking at you closely. “Well, it actually had a reason. Dylan was behaving weird and stupid towards me for a reason I didn't know. When I spoke to him he still ignored me.” while explaining you looked at your hands and sighed. Guys are complicated.

Josh looked at you before he looked down briefly and before he began to speak. “He's an idiot. I can't understand why you're with that guy together. You deserve someone better.” he said cheerfully, looking back to you. You looked up and saw him with a small smile. “You can't choose whom you fall in love with.” You said in a soft voice.

“So Josh, I go to bed. See you tomorrow at the bus stop, okay?” You asked him and he nodded. “Night Josh.” You said softly, closing your window to go to bed.

Josh thought about your sentence that you couldn't choose whom to fall in love with. The sentence didn't go out of his head. What you didn't knew was that Josh were in love with you even before you were with Dylan. He had never dared to say anything because he thought you didn't feel the same way. If Josh could decide whom he can fall in love with, he would still choose you.

~Here's the second Imagine and i hope you like it. You can leave a comment or leave a vote if you want to. Have a nice rest day. :) ~