Chapter Sixteen

“Ex fiancée”? There was a lot he still didn’t know about her past.

“Yeah they were engaged for year, in a relationship for four years before that” Dante said.

“What is his address?”

“No, we are calling the cops”

“Give me his address” Aaron growled

“I am not giving you his address”

Aaron grabbed Dante by the collar and shoved him against the wall. Dante didn’t fight back.

“THE ADRESS” Aaron twisted his wrist and grabbed the phone. He read the details. Dante tried to snatch the phone back.

“Don’t make me fight you” Dante said.

Aaron swung and punched him the jaw. Dante fell to the floor.

The address was in SoHo. Aaron ran out of the house and got into his car. Not even the devil himself could stop him from killing that man.

He reached the house in record time and parked outside the house. He walked up the porch and banged on the door.

“COSTELLO OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!” He roared.

There was no response. He pulled open the screen door and braced himself and kicked in the door. He walked inside and saw the man who put Elaine through hell. The doctor was coming towards him to answer the door.

“What the hell did you do that for? I am going to call the cops” Franco said as he looked at the man who just knocked in his door.

“How dare you touch her you asshole!” Aaron yelled and pushed him up the wall. He swiftly kneed him the stomach and Franco groaned.

“Oh so you are dolcezza's new lover. You are a little late aren’t you? Though last night was one of the best. She was never this responsive even when we were together”

“SHUT UP!” Aaron pushed him to floor and punched his face in. He heard the crack his nose snapping but he didn’t stop. Franco aimed a punch and it landed on Aaron’s temple. Aaron staggered back.

Franco tried to swing again but Aaron grabbed his arm as he pulled him up and twisted it behind it back. He landed three swift punched to his ribs and had the satisfaction of hearing one of them crack. Despite being all muscle, Franco couldn’t throw a straight punch.

“FUCK! STOP!”  Franco groaned but Aaron was enraged. He pushed him back down and kicked him in his ribs and then landed a kick to his head. Aaron’s aims and hits were lethal, well calculated and forceful.

The second kick knocked Franco unconscious but Aaron didn’t stop. In his twenty eight years of life he had never been this out of control due to anger, not even when his father used to humiliate him and beat him up.

“AARON STOP YOU WILL KILL HIM!” Dante yelled as he tried to pull his friend back.

“STEP AWAY MR. CLARK” one of the police officers commanded as the house was swarmed with NYPD.

“Come on Aaron” Dante managed to pull his friend aside who was now panting.

“I am going to kill him” Aaron growled.

“No let the police handle it. I have filed the report. Elaine needs you buddy. They are taking her to the hospital. She is heavily sedated."

Elaine…

“Mr. Clark, I am Detective Paul Mendes and I need your statement of the victim’s condition”

“Officer—“ Dante started but Aaron cut him off.

“I need this man behind the bars.” Aaron spat and then he narrated what happened earlier in the morning. It was like setting himself on fire once again when he recounted the details.

“Thank you Mr. Clark” Aaron nodded as the officers hauled Franco out of the house.

“Let’s go. She is at Manhattan General.” Dante said.

“It is my fault. I shouldn’t have gone…I shouldn’t have flown out to Milan last night” Aaron said in a pained voice.

“No, it is not your fault. You hear me? Even if you didn’t know her this would have happened. That man is a sick fuck and Elaine has you now to take care of her. It is NOT your fault” Dante levelled his gaze with him.

Aaron stared back at his best friend.

“You are falling for her aren’t you?” Dante said as patted his back and walked out of the house. Aaron followed him out.

Was he falling in love with Elaine? He didn’t know himself. He couldn’t comprehend his feelings. Yes he cared for her and was attracted to her. When they had made love, the feeling that shook him, it was nothing he ever felt with Olivia or any other woman before. Just looking at her made him smile and every time she was around him, he felt calm, like he had his own personal sunshine. She soothed his soul and he was scared to lose her. So if this was love, then yes he was falling for.

He was falling in love with her.

Comment and Vote please. ❤