Chapter Twenty Four

“This way Sir” The air hostess guided Aaron to the first class cabin and escorted him to his seat. Elaine and Sam had flown out in his private jet and he didn’t find a point in calling his pilot back.

Aaron settled down in the window seat. He was just about to close his eyes and rest them for a few minutes when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Oh well…look what we have here” Josephine said as she slid into the seat next to him.

“Jesus Christ” Aaron muttered. This was the last thing he needed.

“Travelling to Greece?” Josephine asked as she buckled herself up.

“I guess so considering this a direct flight” Aaron said, his words dripping with sarcasm.

“A coincidence. We will enjoy this flight”

Aaron restrained from rolling his eyes. He was not born yesterday. She was on the seat next to him on purpose. He had realized the game Jacques Laurent was playing by sending his daughter to seduce him.

As soon as the flight was in air, Aaron plugged in his earphones.

The flight landed without a delay and a chauffeured limo was waiting for him as soon as he walked out of the terminal which would escort him to the docks.

“Mr. Clark! Good to see you after so long!” Eros, his manager here in Greece greeted him.

“Hello Eros, how is the family?”

“All are good Sir”

“Are the guests settled in?”

“Yes they are.”

Aaron couldn’t wait to reach the villa. Upon arrival his luggage was taken to the guest house.

The villa was a magnificent structure, subtle yet grand at the same time. It sat overlooking the azure blue water. The guest house, a single story structure with three bedrooms, was on the west grounds, a good distance away from the villa but in a clear view.

Aaron walked into the master bedroom and opened the balcony doors. The balcony faced the villa and he could see Sam and Elaine sitting by the pool. He smiled as he saw Elaine lying on the lounge chair. She looked relaxed.

Aaron showered and ate the snack the maid had delivered. He was about to head out to the beach when there was knock on the front door. He opened the door and saw Sam standing there smiling.

“Thank you Aaron.” She said as she hugged him. Aaron was taken aback by the sudden gesture and awkwardly patted her back.

“She seems so much more relaxed. Though she is still not talking much but there is a subtle change in her demeanor.”

“How was the flight?” Aaron asked as he walked back into the sitting area and motioned Sam to sit.

“It was good. Umm..” Sam looked at Aaron.

“What happened?”

“She is having these nightmares…I often hear her screaming at night even back home. She had one during the flight and the first thing she asked me when she woke up was that if she was in a relationship with you”

“What did you say?” Aaron’s heartbeat increased.

“I told her that you guys were in a relation but I also told her the truth how I was not aware of your relation because of the fight she and I had. However she only said that she lost her memory for a week, how could she possibly be in a relationship…”