Chapter Twenty One

Look who is back!
I apologize for not updating in such a long time. I was travelling, dealing with internship related stuff, moving and research proposals.

Hope you enjoy this update!

Sam helped Elaine into the car and Aaron got into his own car and followed them back to Elaine's house.

Elaine got discharged from hospital today. The doctors gave her all clear physically, though the bruises were still present as a reminder of that horrid night. Emotionally, she would have to regularly visit Dr. Simmons and then there was the hanging sword of PTSD.

Aaron parked behind Sam’s car in Elaine’s driveway and got out as Sam helped Elaine out of the car.

Elaine stepped out in a daze and then she focused on the house. It was her home and then an image flashed in her head, her yelling in pain as he forced himself on her. Cold sweat broke out all over her body. He was in there waiting for her. He wouldn’t let her go. She felt blackness surround her like walls were closing down on her. She was drowning in the darkness.

“Elaine!” Aaron screamed as saw Elaine stumble back and fall against the car. Sam rushed back to her side.
Aaron reached out to hold her steady but she lashed back out at him screaming and slapping him.

“Go Aaron, leave now!” Sam pleaded as she tried to gather Elaine in her arms and tried to calm her down.

Elaine felt her chest constricting and she couldn’t breathe. She felt sick. He was never going to let her be. He was here in front of her trying to hurt her again.

“Elle, it’s Aaron, please, I am here, and you want to go over to my place?” Sam asked.

Elaine looked at Sam and simply nodded. She wanted to get out of here as fast as possible.

Sam helped Elaine back into the car as Aaron stood there watching helplessly. What was he going to do? The woman he loved wouldn’t even let him be within a mile of her.

Sam walked over to his side. She felt sorry for him. He had lost her and she was right in front of her. It was much worse than how she lost her Will.

“Hey…I think it was the house that triggered the attack. I will take her over to my place and have her settled in. I will call you and maybe you can drop by later?” Sam said as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

Aaron forced a smile and nodded. He watched her get back into the car and drive away. He had to be strong.

Elaine was going through a tough phase and he needed to be strong for her. He knew he promised himself that he would not dig into her life and her past but would rather ask her but he sure as hell was going to look into that bastard Franco’s life, right from his birth up to present and make sure that rest of his living days are worse than hell.

Elaine got out and walked on auto pilot. She knew Sam was saying something but she tuned her out. She wanted to get into a room and lock herself in. It was the only way that would make her feel safe.

Elaine bolted the lock as soon as Sam showed her the guest room and she double checked all the windows. She walked into the washroom and stripped out her clothes. She refused to look into the mirror. She decided to run herself a bath. She slipped in as the tub filled up. She let her eyes drift close.

She was laughing as man chased her and twirled her around. She felt so loved and protected.
“You saved me Elaine” He whispered in her ear and kissed her on her cheek and Elaine basked in his warmth and love, his steel grey eyes promising the world to her.

Elaine shot up in the bath and realized she had drifted off. What was that? A dream or a flashback? Who was the man?

Tears slipped down as she yearned for what she saw in that dream. Was it real? Did she have that with someone? Was it the man named Aaron who had shown up at hospital?

She slipped back into the bath and let her tears flow free and merge with the water around her.

Aaron turned off the treadmill and stepped off. He had been going at it for over an hour. He tried to gather his thoughts but they were scattered too far. What if Elaine never remembered him? What if her memories never returned?

He wanted to go see her again. He hurriedly showered and called Sam.

“Hey.” Sam answered on the second ring

“How is she?”

“She has been in the room ever since we got here. She has it locked and I heard her run a bath. She is not talking. I am really worried Aaron. We still have to prepare for trial. They are going to question her and take her statements. It is like she will have to live it all over again.”

“I know. I don’t know what to do…” Aaron let out a frustrated sigh and slumped against the wall.

“You wanted to ask if you could come over?”

“Yes. You think it is a good time?”

“I don’t know but come on over.”

“Alright” Aaron hung up the phone and grabbed his car keys.

“Elaine! Open up” Sam banged in the bedroom door now a little scared. Why wasn’t she answering the door?

Elaine stepped back from the door as she heard the pounding. He was coming for her again.

“No…” Elaine whispered as she stepped back. The pounding grew louder and she backed against the wall as the darkness once again surrounded her. She couldn’t breathe. He was coming for her.

Aaron knocked on Sam’s door and a frantic looking Sam opened the door.

“Thank god you are here Aaron. She is not opening the door. I am so scared!”

“Which room?” Aaron said as he followed Sam upstairs.

“Don’t you have a master key?” He asked

“Will lost it”

Aaron simply nodded and braced himself and then threw his body weight against the door. It burst open on the second attempt and he heard a blood curling scream.

He paused in his track as he saw the haunted expression on Elaine’s face. Then he realized he just made the whole situation worse.

“SAM! HE IS HERE! CALL THE POLICE!” Elaine yelled pointing at Aaron who was now frozen on the spot.

Vote and Comment!
Please! 💓