Chapter Thirty

Aaron picked up Elaine and gently put her down back on the bed. He removed his shirt off her, which was now stained with blood drops and tucked her in. He removed the bathrobe and slipped in next to her and pulled her against his body.

They laid there in silence for a few moments.

“You came in the morning…” She whispered.

“Yes...”

“God, I was so scared. It hurt so much. He hit me and…” She couldn’t continue. Sobs wrecked her body.

“He is going to pay for this. I promise you” Aaron clenched his jaw and pulled her closer.

“I wanted to scrub of my skin just so I could remove his touch from my body. Never in my life had I felt so violated. He was like an animal, biting, scratching…that moment I just wished I would die. How I wished you would show up…”

“Fuck!” Aaron sat up and ran his hand through his hair, accidentally brushing against his forehead cut and cursed out louder. She went through so much and he wasn’t even there to protect her. She was waiting for him to come and save her from that animal but he was half way across the world.

She grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back down as she pulled herself up on his chest.

“No…you can’t blame yourself. Don’t even dare to.” She said as she gently kissed him.

Aaron closed his eyes and tried to lower his anger. His blood was boiling.

“It was our first date. I was so excited, getting ready” She continued and Aaron realized her attempt to change the topic. She needed it.

“I remember us. Everything, the first time I saw you and thought you were married. Then again at your hotel where we spent the night after I got Will’s letter. The first time we made love, right here on this bed…Now it is like I have known you for a lifetime and all the love I have for you have doubled.” She placed a tender kiss on his forehead.

“Make me forget his touch…erase it from my memory…” she whispered. “I just want to be yours”

Soon they were lost in tender touches and kisses; it was like they were making love for the very first time. Words weren’t needed to soothe the ache anymore. They knew what the other wanted just be a mere touch.

Next morning Elaine woke up to the light streaming into the room. She smiled as she remembered last night. It was bitter sweet.

She pulled slightly back from Aaron, who had one arm under her head and the other draped around her waist.

She looked at his perfect face. He looked so much younger when asleep. His brown hair, all tangled by her hands running through it so many times over the night, were strewn across his forehead. She gently kissed his cheek.

No matter how many times she thanked her lucky stars for sending this amazing man into her life, it would never be enough. Now that she remembered the week they fell in love with, everything felt so much more complete.

“Staring is rude” He muttered. Elaine looked at his grey orbs as they fixated on her face.

“How is your forehead?” she asked.

“Throbbing a little bit.”

“I will get you Advil”

“Later…I have something else on my mind” He rolled over on top of her as he claimed her lips with his own.

Later in the evening, the official notices for their depositions came. Franco’s lawyer wanted to talk to Elaine.

The next day Aaron had brought Elaine over with him to his office where his lawyer Christian Sawyer was going to meet them and prep them.

“Hello Aaron. How are you today?” Christian shook hands with Aaron.

“I am good. This is Elaine Sparks” Aaron said as he introduced them.

“I am Christian; I will be handling your case Ms. Sparks.” He said as he stepped towards her but Elaine automatically stepped back. She still had the moments of panic when a man stepped to close to her besides Aaron.

Aaron shot Christian a look and he understood and backed off.

They settled in the conference room.

“Ms. Sparks”

“Call me Elaine please” Elaine said.

“Okay, Robert Callaway is a certified asshole. He plays dirty. He will make personal remarks and will try to break you.” Christian said as he flipped through the case file.

Elaine glanced at Aaron, worried, who grasped her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“Usually the case goes to trial with several hearing but our case is clear cut. I have compiled all the key witnesses and the evidence is too strong. I doubt we will make it to the second hearing. The verdict should be given out after the first one if everything goes according to plan. The jury will hate him the moment they get to know the details of the incident. The first hearing is a week from today”

“Okay. I want that bastard behind the bars for rest of his life” Aaron ground out.

“It will be no other way. They don’t have anything to prove him innocent. He has no alibi for him to place him somewhere else at the said time of the crime. We have the medical reports proving it as nothing but the truth. You just have to make it through the deposition. He will try to shake you down. He knows you are going through a rough patch because of it and he will use that to his own advantage.”

“That son of a bitch”Aaron growled.

“And you Aaron keep your temper in check. I don’t want you decking him in the face.” Christian said as he shot him a “I know you” look.

“I will meet you both tomorrow at my office where it will be held. So be there at 10 am sharp”

“We will be there” Aaron said he stood up and walked Christian out.

“I am scared” Elaine said as soon as Christian left.

“Don’t worry. I won’t let that bastard step out of line and Christian is there. I trust him” Aaron said as he hugged her. He sure as hell wasn’t going to let this trial traumatize her.

“Josephine!” Jacques called out.

“Coming, one minute papa” Josephine hurriedly walked out of the bathroom and out of her room before her father walked in.

“Start preparing for your trip to New York” He said and left while Josephine stared at his retreating back.

Comment and Vote ❤