Chapter Eighteen

My apologies for not updating from the past two weeks. I have come back to Canada and have been very busy with a lot of family and official events.

I will be updating regularly now. :)

Aaron walked into the police station, the events of the past days catching up with him and he could feel the headache set in as his temples  started to pound.

"Aaron, Sawyer is here" Dante said as he fell in step with him. Christian Sawyer had been his lawyer ever since he started his business and no one could survive in court in front of this man.

"Hello Aaron" Christian greeted Aaron with a  somber expression. Dante had filled in Christian with what had happened and it boiled Christian's blood, not that he didn't hear such cases before but it happened to Aaron, the man who had saved him and trusted him when no one else did. Aaron had taken Christian from the streets after he had dropped out of his law school due to lack of funds and paid for his law school and had immediately employed him after he had finished and ever since then Chris had strived to never let Aaron down.

"You talked to the doctor's lawyer?"

"Yeah I just finished that little chat. That smug bastard has something up his sleeve but don't worry, I know exactly how to handle this plus right now they have the doctor in the lock up on no bail warrant and he will stay there till the trial finishes. I have already started on the paperwork."

"I want to see him" Aaron growled out.

"I don't think this is the right time. We will be seeing him in court" Dante said.

"No"

"You want me to come with you?" Chris asked.

"You both head back home. I am going back to the hospital after this." Aaron said as he headed towards the desk of the police officer in charge.

Detective Paul Mendes looked up as Aaron approached desk.

"Hello Mr. Clark"

"I want to see Franco Costello."

'His lawyer had already left so---"

"Detective that man has hurt my woman beyond words." Aaron ground out.

Paul looked at the man in front of him. The man was not going to budge until he let him visit or used his authority to kick him out of the precinct. Paul sighed and decided on the latter.

"Come on Mr. Clark. You only have five minutes plus he is on heavy meds because of your little greeting you gave him"

Aaron followed Paul to the lock up area.

"Five minutes" Paul said as he stopped and gestured towards the lock up at the end of the corridor.

Aaron nodded and strode towards the lock up, his temper flaring.

He stopped in front of Franco's lock up and looked at the pathetic excuse of a man. Aaron felt a little satisfaction as he saw Franco's condition. His left eye was swollen shut along with almost the entire left side of his face was swollen and bruised and he had stitches on his right cheekbone.

"Hire the best lawyer you can Costello because once I am done with you, no power in this world can save you"

Franco just stared at him and then burst out laughing.

"Do whatever the fuck you want Clark but in the end, I will come back for Elaine, she is mine...her body is mine."

"You bastard!" Aaron roared as he gripped the metal bars, his hands itching to throttle and kill this asshole.

"She has always been mine and tasting her like that the other night, I can't wait to be inside her again" Franco said as he stepped up next to the metal bars.

Aaron grabbed him by his collar and smashed him against the bars.

"Mr. Clark! Let go right this moment" Paul ordered as he stepped up next to Aaron.

Aaron pushed Franco and looked at Paul.

"You must leave now" Paul said.

Aaron shot one last glance at Franco and strode out of the police station. His body was coiled like a spring and he needed to a release but right now he couldn't afford the time to hit the gym, he needed to be next to Elaine.

He knew she needed her time to recover but he had so many questions. She was engaged to the man once. He could easily hire a PI and have her investigated but he didn't want to violate her privacy in such a manner so he was going to wait for her to get better so he could talk to her directly.

Aaron walked down the corridor and paused in front of Elaine's room. He removed his suit jacket and pulled loose his tie.

"The doctor said they are going to keep her sedated at least till day after tomorrow"

Aaron turned around and faced Samantha who was holding a cup of coffee.

"Here you need this more than I do. You look like shit" Sam said as she held out of the coffee cup to Aaron.

"Thanks." Aaron muttered as he took the coffee cup though now he really wanted something much stronger.

"I am going back home to change and get my meds. I will come back immediately if you want to head back home and shower yourself"

"No. it is okay, you go rest and come back whenever you will like"

"Take care" Sam patted his forearm and took her leave.

Aaron nodded and pushed opened Elaine's door. His heart once again fell to the pit of his stomach as he took in her condition and remembered the events from the morning. He had let her down.

Tears once again escaped from his eyes and he didn't stop them. He sat down on the stool next to her bed and cried his heart out for the woman he loved who was going through so much and he couldn't lessen her pain.

"Please forgive me Elaine..."

Only God knows how much he wished he could go back in time and not go to Milan and instead show up at her doorstep as planned then she wouldn't have been in this situation. She would have been safe and asleep in his arms right now and not hooked onto machines in a hospital bed.

He hoped she had it in him to forgive him because he wouldn't be able to survive without her forgiveness. His past had rendered him without the ability to love but she had shown him how to love and gave meaning to his life.

However out of all the questions and thoughts rattling in his head, there was one question his consciousness refused to acknowledge and it was the biggest of them all.

Did she feel the same way for him?

Comment and Vote.

Please <3