Chapter Thirty One

It is a double update!
Chapter Thirty One and Thirty Two.

Elaine sat down across from Robert Callaway who smirked at her as he settled down. Christian and Aaron sat on either side of Elaine.

Robert leaned forward and switched on the cam recorder.

“Dr. Elaine Sparks, just for the record, this deposition is for the upcoming trial in regards to yourself and my client, Dr. Franco Costello. So Dr. Sparks we are just going to start with the basics. Tell me about your relationship with Dr. Costello”

Elaine glanced at Christian who nodded.

“Franco and I dated back in med school. We got engaged during the internship but he cheated on my with another woman during residency”

“Correct me if I wrong, so that makes it five years of commitment prior to the cheating incident?”

“Yes.”

“How did you find out?”

Aaron glared at Robert. Where the hell was he taking this?

“I caught them”

“You must be devastated”

“That is irrelevant Callaway” Christian said.

Robert simply shrugged and flipped through a few pages.

“So you ended the engagement?”

“Yes I did” Elaine replied.

“But you still love him don’t you?”
“Shut the fuck up!” Aaron slammed his fist on the table. Aaron looked at Christian who signaled him to calm down.

Robert ignored Aaron and focused on Elaine.

“No I don’t”

“Oh that is a complete lie Doctor. He walked into your house. You could have stopped him at the door when he showed up. You hadn’t talked to him for years after the engagement ended.”

“Robert, I am warning you. This deposition will be over” Christian said in a low voice as he glanced at Elaine who was now pale. He could see Aaron on the verge of beating the hell out of Callaway.

“Well then let me finish it myself, the truth is Dr. Elaine Sparks that you still love Dr. Costello. He showed up at your doorstep as a friend, for the sake of old times because you refused to acknowledge him or let him explain his side of the story. He was going through a divorce and career crisis and you used that against him and enticed him. When you were done with him you realized that your boyfriend will find out...YOU STAGED THE WHOLE DAMN THING—“

“ENOUGH YOU SON OF A BITCH!” Aaron roared as he crashed the cam recorder on the opposite wall and grabbed Robert by the collar dragging him on to the table.

“You disrespect her like that one fucking time again, I will put you six feet under” Aaron growled.

“Let go Aaron” Christian pulled on Aaron’s arm and freed Robert.

“We are done here. I will see you in court and if you pull a stunt like this again I will report you to the bar” Christian said as Robert grabbed his briefcase and with one last glance at Elaine walked out.

Elaine was shaking. His loud voice has pushed her over and he had manipulated the whole story out of proportion.

“Hey…hey” Aaron said as he kneeled down next to her and took her face in his hands. “Look at me”

Elaine looked at him and closed her eyes, tears escaping.

“I will leave you two alone” Christian said quietly and walked out, closing the door on his way out.

“He was doing that to shake you up. Don’t let him get to you.”

“What if he does this with me when he puts me on the stand in court?”

“He can’t. Christian will object. This stuff can’t be pulled in the court”

“I am so scared. I don’t want to face him again”

“It will be the last time love. Then he will be gone for good. Nothing is going to stop him from going to jail. Robert doesn’t have shit to prove him innocent and as long as I am breathing, I will not let anything happen to you. I promise” Aaron said as he leaned his forehead against her.

“I love you” she whispered.

“I love you more”

Josephine packed her suitcase and zipped it up. Her bedroom door was slammed open and Charles stormed in, slamming it shut on his way in.

“What the hell is this?” He growled as walked up to her. Josephine stepped back and collided with the wall.

“You just got an innocent woman murdered?” He snarled as he grabbed her by the upper arms.

“No…”

“And now he is going to kill another one just because you “want” this man”

“It is not like that” She whispered. His brown eyes were blazing.

“Then tell me what it is because it sure seems like you have found the “one”. I thought you were different but I was wrong.”

“Charles, please…”

“I am done here. I need to stop this before he kills another innocent woman because some twisted tale you fed him.” Charles said and stormed out of the room.

Josephine slid to the floor, sobbing.

Vote and Comment ❤