Just Breathe

hey guys! long time no see aye? sorry about that. Depression kinda  just took me away, but now I am on antidepressants and feeling much better than I did.

TW- Near drowning and panic attack (Everyone lives and no one gets hurt I swear)

Today was your friend's birthday- your swim and dive team friend. It only made sense that she chose to go to a water park about 30 minutes away from your houses.

The only problem? You couldn't swim... yes you were a 20 year old who still could barely stay floating. People blame it on you never trying... but in reality you could never keep yourself calm in the water. 

You soon see your friend pull up to your driveway. 

"Hey dork, ready for the water park adventure?" your friend asks eagerly.

"yeahhhh..." you say less enthusiastically.

The ride is silent as you pull up. You feel your friend's excited vibe while inside your heart was pounding.

You walk in with a simple black t-shirt and shorts with your black converse and you begin making your way to the restrooms to change.

On your way you see an animated figure in the corner of your eye. A blue haired boy looking around your age with two other guys who looked older than him. He was super cute, but by the look of his chiseled friends and his toned body... man was he out of your league. (Don't get snippy now, I am getting somewhere with this. ;)  )

You and your friend quickly change into your bathing suits.

"let's do lazy river first then get into the water slides!" Your friend screeches. 

quick a/n- I know point of view is very gag worthy at the moment, I am quite rusty and already struggled with pov before as well.

You felt the cold water hit your stomach as you floated across the lazy river. It wasn't soon later that after one go around your friend demanded to go on the water slides.

You knew her demanding wasn't anything rude, she just struggles with keeping excitement and it comes off like that sometimes. 

"You ready y/n?" 

"No not really."

"You will do fineee!! It's fast then it is over." You gulped at her words.

"Well! I will meet you at the lazy river that way we can go down again!" Those were your friend's last words to you before going down the water slide.

"I could just run down and act as if I went down?" You whisper only to be gestured forward towards the large red tube.

Before you could realize it, you were shooting down a plastic pipe screaming your head off. 

Then you hit the water that it ended in. It was connected to the lazy river but not close enough to hit someone.

You sank to the bottom with your body locking up from fear.

Why.

Why did I go. 

No one realizes what is going on... 

You began to lose consciousness when a pair of arms pulls you up to the surface.

You cough a couple times when you get laid down in a chair and look up to see that blue haired boy you saw earlier. 

"Are you okay? No one was doing anything and I could tell you couldn't swim. They told me not to jump in that pool but I needed to save you... I'm Ethan by the way."

You blink twice and stare at him wide-eyed.

he just saved your life.

As quick as you can move you give him a giant hug, luckily he was in a swimsuit too. 

"Thank you for saving my life." you say into his chest holding back tears. 

He wraps his arm around you holding you tightly to his chest.

"Anytime sweetpea. Tyler is getting you a towel." 

Soon enough the chiseled guy you saw earlier who's name is Tyler evidently and hands you a warm fluffy towel.

It sets in what just happened and you start trembling really badly and begin to hyperventilate.

"Sweetie what's wrong!?" Ethan says getting down to your level from where you were sitting.

"Panic- attack-" You say in-between breaths.

"What is your name sweetie... I am going to help you but I need to know your name."

"y/n-"

"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful face. But Y/n, listen to me... you are okay now. Take a deep breath in- and a deep exhale. Breathe with me now Y/n, In- 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6. Out- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6"

You couldn't seem to get yourself to calm down to take these breaths.

"y/n, but your hand on my chest and feel my heartbeat okay?" You did as he said and felt his steady heartbeat.

"Now breathe with me. Feel my heartbeat and feel as my chest moves up and down."

"In- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Out- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6." You did as he said and slowly felt your body relax a tad.

"Good job y/n... just breathe it is okay." He said as he wrapped you in the blanket and rubbed your back.

After a while, you just sat there talking. You began to feel better but you wanted to stay with Ethan.

"How do I repay you for saving me?" You say in a quiet voice.

"I'd love to get your phone number if that's alright with you." You nod and type your phone number into his phone.

"I'll shoot you a text and maybe we could go on a date sometime? Maybe I could teach you how to swim?" He says with a glare.

Despite the fear you always had... you felt safe with him, you trust him.

"I will take you up on that offer." His face suddenly became really close to your as they slowly met for a kiss.

"That was the other half of the repayment." He says with a smirk.

"HOLY SHIT Y/N FOUND A DUDE? I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WERE." your friend screams at the top of her lungs.

"HI I'M Y/N'S BEST FRIEND (NAME OF FRIEND) WHERE ARE YOU FROM, WHAT DO YOU DO, HOW OLD ARE YOU, WILL YOU MAKE HER HAPPY." She screams at Ethan as you pull her away.

"(friend's name) dude I just met him."

"Aaand? He can still be interrogated." She responds with a clever smirk on her face.

"To answer your question, Maine, Youtube, 20, and I will try my best." he responds like rapid fire.

Your friend smirks and slowly turns her head to you.

"I told you interrogation works." You shake your head.

"Hey (Friend's name) have you met Tyler yet?" He gestures towards Tyler the actual sculpture of a greek god.

Soon your friend leaves and it is You and Ethan.

"Eventful day huh?" He says.

"Tell me about it."

THIS WAS SHIT SORRY. LIKE I SAID IT IS MY FIRST CHAPTER COMING BACK.

-PH